Who is Tekni-Plex?
We are a 50 year global leader in advanced plastic and rubber polymer technology, Tekni-Plex engineer’s solutions to meet customer needs in critical applications that touch every aspect of life, from medical devices used in operating rooms and hospitals, to food packaging in your kitchen.
Why Work for us?
With Company Values like Innovation, Integrity and Trust and Employee Fulfillment, Tekni-Plex offers every employee around the world the opportunity to stretch, grow and succeed every day. Our employees are challenged to bring new ideas to the table, jump in and get involved and make an impact. Tekni-Plex has a proud history and a compelling future. Behind every great Tekni-Plex product is a team of dedicated employees who are truly making a difference for our customers and who are Tekni-Proud!
The Engineer will plan, direct, coordinate and execute activities to ensure that manufacturing operations on each shift meet company standards as to, quality, safety, cost and profitability. The position requires troubleshooting and optimization on all lines. The process Engineer will report directly to the Plant Manager.
- Provide manufacturing support to Production, Tech Ops, and R&D teams in the design and development of new processes and products. With a focus on manufacturability and process integration, the individual offers a manufacturing perspective to the product development team.
- Work closely with production to coordinate manufacturing builds.
- Work with sales and production to evaluate, analyze, and determine process improvements that impact the “bottom line” and which have the best ROI.
- Partner with Quality to improve and streamline Process Validation runs.
- Compose, execute, and approve Process Validation protocols and reports.
- Use tools and knowledge to work closely with Technical Experts to improve current process capabilities.
- A solid knowledge of plastics is preferred.
- Experience in extrusion is preferred.
- Experience in new product/process development is strongly preferred.
- Preferred background includes experience in more than one of the following areas: Medical device manufacturing, extrusion, rapid product development, creative design and hands-on prototyping, process development, design for manufacturing, and project management.
- A bachelor's degree in a related engineering field such as mechanical engineering or bioengineering is required, in addition to 3-5 years of experience. Six Sigma experience is also highly recommended.
- Effective communication, listening, and diagnostic skills are required to communicate with customers, OEM’s, consultants as well as with internal team members from various departments.
- Ability to work well independently and as a member of a team is essential.
- Individual must be hands on and willing to work in the production environment including off shifts when projects require.
- The ability to travel and work in multiple manufacturing locations, including international facilities.
Tekni-Plex is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click on the following document names to download the files for review: EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement .