Samuel, Son & Co. is growing! If you're looking for a rewarding career opportunity with a family run, industry leading organization, bring your experience and motivated attitude to Samuel, Son & Co.
We are seeking an Engineer to join our team in Iuka, MS.
If you think you have what it takes to become part of our team, contact us today.
Here are some of what we have to offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Paid vacation and an annual bonus
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 401K plan with company match
- Opportunity for career growth and stability
The Engineer will spend half their time in the office and half in the plant, assisting production and operations throughout projects from start to finish. Some key activities are outlined below:
- Applies knowledge to perform various tasks involving customer input on designs, resulting in the start of new projects including uncoupling levers, boxcar roofs, boxcar floors, and plug/sliding doors for boxcars.
- Working directly with production, the Engineer II is required to conduct pre and postproduction run activities to gather data on each specific project.
- Apply knowledge and engineering principles for new product development.
- Perform Quality Assurance tasks on various product lines, pre and post shipment.
- Work with internal and external customers to create detail drawings that reflect SRFG capabilities and best practices. All product lines.
- Reviews project plans and proposals, then works with management to develop project objectives. Identifies project responsibilities by determining the phases and elements of the project. Calculates time frames and sequences the stages of the project.
- Prepares and distributes a description and timeline of the project.
- Studies product design, customer requirements, and performance standards, then determines project specifications. Presents cost estimates and performance standards. Conducts tests assuring safe and satisfactory product performance.
- Presents procedures, rules and regulations to those involved in the project; maintains a safe, clean and productive environment through enforcing procedures. Maintains project integrity and reputation through compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Perform stress analysis & assess production capabilities.
- Enter/create BOM’s.
- Ability to design fluid power systems, belt drives, gear boxes, & form dies.
- Experience using company operating CAD programs such as AutoDesk Product Design Suite Ultimate, including extensive knowledge in Sheet Metal application.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with customers.
- Ability to program Roll Form’s Python plasma robot.
- Intensely involved with customer relations involving new orders from start to finish.
- Work with the sales and purchasing departments on a daily basis for customer assistance.
- Travel to customer facilities to oversee projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited University in Mechanical Engineering and/or Technology.
- 2-5 years of direct experience in the steel manufacturing industry preferred.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of your time.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and hit deadlines regularly.
- Seeks a deeper understanding of one's self and maintains a healthy self-acceptance without guilt and self-criticism
- Demonstrates an ability to persevere when pursuing difficult challenges and responds positively to adversity
- Demonstrates Character
- Honors interpersonal commitments and shows sincere interest in those around them to build trust
Roll Form Group, A Division of Samuel is an Equal Opportunity Employer, participates in the E-Verify program and complies with all federal and state regulations.
No unusual physical requirements. Requires some heavy lifting not exceeding 50 pounds, and work is performed in a comfortable indoor facility or out in the facility, Monday through Friday. Routine deadlines; usually sufficient lead time; variance in work volume seasonal and predictable; priorities can be anticipated; some interruptions are present; involves occasional exposure to demands and pressures from persons other than immediate supervisor.
Job frequently requires sitting, talking, hearing, handling objects with hands. Job occasionally requires standing, walking, reaching, climbing or balancing, stooping/kneeling/crouching/crawling, and lifting up to 50 pounds. Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically