The Energy Sales Specialist will focus on developing energy related business in a given territory for all of the company's engineered products and solutions by calling on consultants, owners, contractors and supporting the local Victaulic distributors.
This position covers all of the Northeast US from Delaware to New England.
**Relocation Assistance may be available for the right candidate**
- To develop large EPC, A/E, Design Construct, Industrial Contractors and Owner accounts. Accounts such as Bechtel, Parsons, Jacobs, Fluor, etc. will be primary targets. Development of these accounts will include establishing initial meetings, focusing on economics, man-day savings and the constructability advantages through the use of Victaulic products and services.
- To assist in developing customized value added proposals and presentations focusing on below the line or indirect savings through the use of Victaulic
- Professionally communicate and coordinate all related commercial issues and activities with the appropriate Regional Managers and the Power Market team.
- Fulfill all corporate administrative requirements.
- Establish and maintain a qualified priority project list. This list will include PEC and non PEC opportunities and must be updated and maintained within the Victaulic databases.
- Establish and maintain a Power account list. This list will include the top Owners, EPC's, A/E's, and industrial contractors and related contacts within each account. These accounts must be updated and maintained within the Victaulic databases.
- Submit weekly reports and monthly account development highlights
- Develop and update strategic account plans and programs for all key accounts to include:
- Training (Office & Field Personnel)
- Knowledge Base of Proof Sources and Testimonials
- Customer classification based on priorities and opportunity assessment
- Activity plan for account development
Drive Plan through Account/Project Development at all levels.
Qualifications (education, experience, personal attributes):
- University degree is preferred
- Previous sales experience selling “value added” products/services to the energy or industrial construction markets, or EPC firms focused on these markets
- Clear understanding of Value Selling model is essential, or previous sales experience which entails selling from a value added proposition
- Self-motivated, confident
- Demonstrates a strong mechanical aptitude
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, professional image
- Willing to travel overnight as required. We expect this will be at least 80% overnight travel.
- Team Player
- Competitive, flexible, and resilient by nature
- Strong organizational and time management skills
EEO Statement: Victaulic is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EOE/M/F/Vets/Disabled) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic data, or other legally protected status. Background checks, drug testing, and health assessments may be required as part of our pre-employment process.
Disclaimer: This description is not a comprehensive list of activities and responsibilities required of an employee. These activities and responsibilities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time.