- Title Quality Control
- Department Embroidery
- Shifts B1> 5a-3:30p (M,W,TH,F / Off T,S,S) = 1 Position
- C1> 5a-3:30p (M,T,Th,F / Off W,S,S) = 1 Position
- D1> 5a-3:30p (M,T,W,F / Off Th,S,S) = 1 Position
- Reports to Embroidery Supervisor
- FLSA Non-Exempt, Hourly
The QC/Trim position is responsible for reviewing caps post production to ensure logos meet quality standards. Will also trim foam and threads for final packaging; or will recommend rework.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Inspect finished or partially finished embroidery logos and headwear for defects damage, and repair.
- Examines for irregularities, like faulty coloring, shaping, centering, and stitching.
- Must have a high attention to detail.
- Follow all special instructions on the work order.
- Removes embroidery backing from headwear.
- Trimming excess threads from the embroidered logos.
- Removes spots or stains from headwear.
- Rejects or returns damaged or faulty embroidery and headwear.
- Repairs less extensive damage.
- Packs the final product for shipment.
Skills and Competencies
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions (in English), short correspondence and work orders. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one situations with co-workers and/or supervisors.
- Basic Math: ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one-or two-step instructions dealing with standardized situations; and able to learn quickly.
Education and Qualifications
- High school diploma or general education degree preferred, but not mandatory
- Verifiable work history
- Must be able to stand and or walk (90% of the day) and occasionally reach, bend and move inside the facility to move product
- Fine motor skills: required using the wrists, hands, and fingers to inspect and trim product
- Vision: Required to have close visual acuity, color vision and depth perception
- Ability to lift/move 10-30 lbs occasionally throughout day
- Moderate noise due to sewing machine operation
- Extreme temperatures: this position will work in a building that does not have climate controls.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.