Embroidery Machine Operator Samples (Seasonal)
- Title Embroidery Machine Operator/Samples (Seasonal)
- Department Embroidery
- Shifts Mon - Fri 7a-4p
- Reports to Digitizing Supervisor
- FLSA Non-Exempt, Hourly
The Embroidery Machine Operator/Samples position is responsible for creation of ad-hock sample hats using multi head sewing machines. Works with varying degrees of urgency while safely creating a quality product.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Interprets work orders paying close attention to all details to ensure caps and logos are accurate to size, color and placement of artwork.
- Hoops hats repetitively (by hand or with pneumatic hooper) at hooping station and secures stable placement prior to machine operation.
- Ties on new thread when changing orders
- Matches all production paperwork with production tracking log
- Assists as needed in QC trimming finished product; assists Sample staff with any day-to-day orders that may need to be produced
- Must be able to work with little absenteeism and available for overtime as needed.
- Upholds the company values: acts with integrity; works together as a team; and treats teammates with respect
Skills and Competencies
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions (in English), short correspondence and work orders. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one situations with co-workers and/or supervisors.
- Basic Math: ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one-or two-step instructions dealing with standardized situations; and able to learn quickly.
- Ability to learn quickly, adapt to change, work at a fast pace, keep a positive attitude and manage with multiple deadlines.
Education and Qualifications
- High school diploma or general education degree preferred, but not mandatory
- Embroidery, sewing and/or digitizing experience desired, but not mandatory.
- MS Office experience (especially Excel and Outlook); in-house programs (Simparel)
- Must be able to stand and or walk (90% of the day) and occasionally reach, bend and move inside the facility to move product
- Fine motor skills: required using the wrists, hands, and fingers to hoop and inspect product
- Vision: Required to have close visual acuity, color vision and depth perception
- Ability to lift/move/pull 10-50 lbs occasionally throughout day
- Moderate noise due to sewing machine operation in a warehouse setting.
- Extreme temperatures: this position will work in a building that does not have climate controls.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.