Is your passion working with embedded hardware, software, and integrating vehicle-wide designs? We at Bobcat empower people to accomplish more. Join a team of highly skilled individuals who push the bar higher to create the best compact equipment in the industry. At Bobcat we help shape what tomorrow will be, right now.
While others follow our lead, our teams are focused on what’s next, busy creating the vision and the tools of tomorrow. Powerful, efficient products. Intelligent, connected technologies. Innovative solutions that revolutionize once again how work gets done.
Bonus Eligible: Bobcat is offering Sign-on Bonuses to engineers with 3+ years of experience.
Location(s): Bismarck, ND; Fargo, ND; Minneapolis, MN
Role & Responsibility
- Work with a team of software engineers to design embedded modules
- Create cost-effective ruggedized solutions that can be used across product lines
- Engage with suppliers and manufacturing partners to develop technical relationships
- Implement functional safety per off-highway standards
- Guide team on ambiguous hardware interactions and system integration issues
- Investigate transcending system interactions of hardware and software from inputs of operator and machine through outputs affecting vehicle responses
- Participate in development of strategic embedded hardware roadmaps to support enabling technologies for products
- Write technical, functional, and performance specifications
- Devise systems involving redundancy, interlocks, and sequencing
- Demonstrate precision in both execution and decision-making rationale
- Foster a culture of creativity and support diversity of thought, innovation, and excellence within the role
What We Look For:
- Familiarity with embedded software development using C, C++, and model-based development (MATLAB/Simulink)
- Use of Vector Canalyzer hardware and software tools
- Implementations of control system methodologies both theoretical and practical
- S-domain and Z-domain analysis capabilities
- Understanding of electro-hydraulic circuitry
- Knowledge of printed circuit board assembly design and manufacturing
- Demonstrated design of vehicle electronic architectures conducive to efficient data transfer and security paradigms
- Ability to communicate technical content and proposed solutions to greater organizations
- Fundamental understanding of statics and dynamics
- Exposure to motor control theory and resulting physical solutions
- Functional Safety exposure in ISO 19014, 13849, 26262
- Vehicle electrical system test familiarity with ISO 16750-2, 7637-2, and other related standards
- Test and design experience for both ElectroMagnetic Compatibility and ElectroStatic Discharge
- Interest in mechanical loads and environmental tests of componentry
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Computer, Software, or equivalent Engineering discipline
- 2+ years of experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proficient with test instrumentation and data acquisition such as oscilloscopes
- Familiarity in CAN J1939, LIN, and 100BASE-T1 communication protocols and physical layers
- Experience with controller input and output stages such as in body electronics
- Knowledge of internal combustion vehicle systems and related electrical functionality
- EV and High-Voltage componentry familiarity including inverters, BMS, DC/DC, and chargers
- Circuit simulation skills with LTspice, MATLAB Simulink, or similar
- Ability to quickly digest semiconductor datasheets
- Microcontroller involvement especially ARM Cortex
- < 10% travel
Areas of Focus
- Analyze design to determine solutions to new and existing problems.
- Communicate these solutions to the various departments within Bobcat to get them corrected as needed.
Doosan Bobcat North America will not sponsor applicants for work visas, nor provide any OPT, CPT or other immigration support, for this position.
As a part of the Doosan Group, which employs more than 43,000 people in 38 countries worldwide, the company offers its customers products and solutions to help build stronger businesses and communities. Based in Seoul, South Korea, with its North America headquarters in West Fargo, North Dakota, Doosan Bobcat is a leading global manufacturer of construction, agriculture, landscaping and grounds maintenance equipment, attachments and services. The company is committed to empowering people to accomplish more.
Doosan Bobcat North America is home to world-renowned brands, including Bobcat® compact equipment, Doosan® portable power products, Ryan® and Steiner® grounds maintenance equipment and Geith® attachments. Doosan Bobcat North America is a tradename of Clark Equipment Company.
Doosan is committed to a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, creed, citizenship status, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. Individuals with disabilities who require a reasonable accommodation in the application process or who need assistance accessing the information on this website should call 701-241-8700. Doosan is a VEVRAA federal contractor and seeks priority referrals of protected veterans.
Beware of Fraudulent Job Offers and Solicitations
Any legitimate job offer will be preceded by an official selection process.