Assists varied levels of technicians with scheduled and unscheduled maintenance and repair of Baggage Handling Systems and/or Passenger Boarding Bridges.
- Assists with basic maintenance assignments involving but not limited to preventive, routine and emergency maintenance, clearing system jams; shift inspections, cleaning, and/or electrical and mechanical adjustments.
- May diagnose equipment failures under the guidance of senior personnel; ensures equipment is running safely.
- Takes direction and seeks the guidance and expertise of senior level personnel and accepts training and mentoring from them.
- Reads and interprets repair manuals, basic schematics and supervisor/manager’s instructions.
- Works in tight and/or high spaces utilizing appropriate PPE and fall protection equipment.
- Follows and complies with all company and federally established policies and procedures; completes all applicable training courses assigned by the company
- Completes forms connected with work assignments according to established procedures.
- Performs additional duties/assignments as may be required by management.Assists Technicians with basic maintenance such as sweeping, cleaning and greasing.
- Completes all safety training as assigned by the Company.
- Compliance with all ELS safety programs, policies and procedures.
- Perform additional duties/assignments that may be required by management from time to time
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
- Minimum 1 year of previous mechanical experience, 1 year previous BHS or PBB experience, or be able to pass a mechanical aptitude test.
- Ability to work a non-traditional schedule including weekends and holidays.
- Previous work experience in an Airport environment.
- Previous experience working on conveyors and/or passenger boarding bridges
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Ability to take care of customer needs while following company procedures.
- Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Ability to focus on a goal and obtain a pre-determined result.
- Ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information.
- Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers.
- Possess the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task
- Ability to work with people regardless of race, gender, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or job type.
- Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
- Ability to obtain the proper resources to complete job assignment.
- Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
- Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and written.
- Ability to work under pressure with time constraints.
- Ability to complete assigned training in a timely manner.
Computer Skills: Basic computer knowledge. Ability to log in, retrieve and answer emails and take training.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able obtain and maintain an Airport Security badge
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and be insurable under the Company’s insurance policy
- Must be able to comply with the ELS Drug and Alcohol policy.
- Must be committed to working safely while accomplishing all tasks and promoting a safe work environment at all times.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands of this position vary by day and are not based solely on a single workday.
Handling / Fingering
Reach Above Shoulder
Squat or Stoop
Bend or Kneel
10 lbs or less
10 lbs or less
N (Not Applicable)
Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
Occupation requires this activity less than 5% of the time
Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day)
Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day)
Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Other Physical Requirements: Vision (Near, Distance), Hearing
Works under the Airport Terminal, in conditions that may contain dust, dirt and continual noise that is below OSHA’s action level.
Elite Line Services (ELS) is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, gender identity, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or medical condition. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact [email protected]
This email address is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a response.