This position is day shift with possible weekends and other shifts.
You are an important member of the Maintenance Team, working together to ensure that VEKA provides its customers with quality products and excellence in service. As part of this team, together with VEKA’s Maintenance Manager, Plant Maintenance Mechanics, Automation & Control Specialist, and Electricians, your dedication enables VEKA to be a market leader offering best in class products for window, door and outdoor living products who together, with its partners, shape living spaces that are environmentally friendly, energy efficient, comfortable, and safe.
Your responsibilities encompass diagnosing problems, develop solutions, and repair machinery based on requests from Supervisors. This position works in cooperation with the Production Teams to ensure that equipment and systems are working properly.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Installs, inspects, repairs, and maintains electrical, electronic, and mechanical components of industrial equipment and systems including control panels.
- Performs all electrical duties to National Electrical Code Standards and local codes and regulations
- Wires and installs motors, drives, PLC, and control systems.
- Responsible for solving technical problems and maintenance of state-of-the-art automated mechanical equipment
- Performs testing and inspections.
- Paints and restores equipment.
- Responsible for the requisition of parts and materials.
- Responsible for fabrication, welding, and pipefitting
- All other duties, including project work, as assigned.
- Good knowledge of control circuits with the ability to read schematics
- Experience in programming drives and troubleshoot PLCs
- Good knowledge of electrical and mechanical installations, including wiring and installing motors
- Experience in conduit bending and threading
- Strong mechanical and analytical aptitude
- Excellent verbal communications skills
- Passion for safety and quality
- Ability to handle multiple priorities through excellent organizational skills.
- Knowledge of reading schematics, blueprints, wiring schedules, and other technical documents
- Ability to act independently and as part of a team
- Dependable and punctual
- Detail oriented
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude in high-pressure situations.
- Associate Degree in Commercial / Industrial Electricity or equivalent required
- Work experience preferred
- Reports directly to Maintenance Manager
- Ability to work extended hours as business needs dictate
- To install and repair equipment, must be able to crawl, climb, kneeling, bending, and stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to ascend and descend ladders and stairs and the likes
- Must be able to move objects up to 50 pounds
The above declarations are not intended to be an “all-inclusive” list of duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job and requirements may be modified from time to time at the discretion of the company.