The Electrician will perform preventative maintenance and service repairs on all electrical systems for all facilities.
• Inspect, trouble shoot, repair, and replace all high voltage components ie. (Utility poles, aerial transformers, pad mount transformers, disconnects, fuses, and all other high voltage line hardware.)
• Install, trouble shoot, repair and replace all interior and exterior electrical components ie. (Outlets, switches, circuit breakers, wire, and conduit, lightning arrestors.)
• Responsible for maintaining all high voltage tools and PPE needed to perform the tasks required.
• Inspect and check all grounding points located on base. Inspect, trouble shoot, repair and replace fire alarm components in facilities on base.
• Other duties as assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
• Basic computer skills specifically using Microsoft Office Suite; ability to learn additional computer skills or software programs such as preventative maintenance database applications
• Ability to enter data accurately into databases.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to write routine reports ad correspondence
• Excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively and cooperatively with all levels of management and staff.
• Effective communication skills to effectively and clearly communicate complex information to others.
• Ability to use general office equipment such as fax, phone, copier, etc.
• Ability to follow a process.
• Strong customer service skills, including active listening, prompt service and follow-up.
• Excellent analytical skills with the ability to evaluate data and consider decision impact across multiple areas.
• Strong decision analysis and problem solving skills; ability to draw conclusions and justify decisions.
• Ability to perform basic mathematical computations, detect unobvious facts and issues, and exercise resourcefulness in resolving problems.
• Ability to multi-task.
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Must be certified electrician (accredited school or military school) and able to obtain license electricain in the State of Hawaii. Minimum 5 years journeyman level electrician
• Must be familiar with UPS systems and lighting arresting systems
• Ability to pass a drug and background screening
• Must be able to obtain a government security clearance
Preference will be given to Calista shareholders and their descendants and to spouses of Calista shareholders, and to shareholders of other corporations created pursuant to the Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act, in accordance with Title 43 U.S. Code 1626(g).
Additionally, it is our policy to select, place, train and promote the most qualified individuals based upon relevant factors such as work quality, attitude and experience, so as to provide equal employment opportunity for all employees in compliance with applicable local, state and federal laws and without regard to non-work related factors such as race, color, religion/creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, genetic information, or other protected status. When applicable, our policy of non-discrimination applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, transfer, promotion, placement, layoff, compensation, termination, reduction in force and benefits.
It is Calista and Subsidiaries' business philosophy and practice to provide reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities.
The statements contained in this job description are intended to describe the general content and requirements for performance of this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities, and requirements.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter the scope of work within the framework of this job description at any time without prior notice.