SPATCO Energy Solutions has been the leader in the fueling infrastructure industry since 1935. We provide a complete line of equipment and services for storing, pumping, mixing and metering petroleum and industrial liquids. We offer turnkey development of retail and commercial facilities, as well as offering custom design and build capabilities. Our customers come from a variety of industries including retail fueling stations, commercial and government fleets. SPATCO currently operates 12 branch locations with a dedicated training facility in North Carolina, and growing service satellites throughout the Southeast. We are dedicated to providing top notch customer service, and we are recruiting professionals with that same commitment to customer service excellence that can take our growth to the next level.
JOB SUMMARY: SPATCO is looking for an energetic Electrician to join our team. This person will have the ability to read blueprints, electrical systems that show the location of circuits, outlets, and other equipment. Should have the experience with different types of hand and power tools, such as conduit benders, to run and protect wiring. Other commonly used hand and power tools include screwdrivers, wire strippers, drills, and saws, while troubleshooting. This person will also use ammeters, voltmeters, thermal scanners, and cable testers to find problems and ensure that components are working properly.
• Assemble, install, test and maintain electrical or electronic equipment and fixtures used in the petroleum industry using hand tools and power tools, following accepted Best Practices.
• Trouble-shoot and diagnose malfunctioning systems or components using the appropriate testing equipment to find and correct the failure. Use of ohm meter, volt meter, amp probe and megger is a must.
• Install conduits, pull wire and make final connections to circuit breakers, petroleum pumps, dispensers, Point of Sale consoles, tank monitors and petroleum lighting.
• Inspect electrical system and components to verify compliance with safety requirements, codes, project specifications and manufacturer requirements. Verify proper operation of the electrical system.
• Advise management, customers and fellow workmen when hazards are present and when electrical systems are safe to operate.
• Assist estimator with material take-off, material cost and labor allowances.
• High school diploma or, GED
• At least 1 year of Journeyman Electrician experience required.
• Knowledge of Electrician standards & codes required.
• Have strong work ethic.
• Reliable employee.
• Must be detail oriented.
• Have strong communication skills.
• Must be a self-starter.OTHER REQUIREMENTS
• Ability to lift 75 –100 lbs when necessary during the course of performing their necessary duties.
• Work outside during all types of weather.
• Work under time constraints efficiently and have the ability to work well with others.
• Follow all company procedures. If you need a copy of procedures, please see your Branch manager.
• Keep company vehicle Clean, maintenance done regular, and only use for company business.