Turning stone into remarkable products
Transforming natural resources into high-quality stone wool products puts you at the center of what makes ROCKWOOL successful in its industry. In our technologically-advanced production environment, you work closely with skilled colleagues who all strive to improve and optimize our manufacturing processes. You are offered the opportunity to work in an organization which cares about its employees and has a people-driven culture.
Industrial Maintenance Electrician- Night Shift
Looking for a rewarding career with excellent pay and unmatched benefits? Join a global manufacturer where you can learn in-demand skills and gain valuable experience to help you advance in your career at a state-of-the-art facility. This is an 12 hour- shift position with rotating days off.
We are looking for professionals to join our Byhalia, MS team as a Industrial Maintenance Electrician. The objective of the Industrial Electrical Maintenance is to provide electrical maintenance services for all company equipment and buildings within budgeted costs and to pursue plant improvements, cost effectiveness and wrench time.
*SIGN ON BONUS Eligible (up to $2,000): $1000 after 90 days of successful performance/employment and another $1000 after 6 months of successful performance/employment!
Why join the ROCKWOOL team?
- Competitive pay
- Great Benefits - Effective your first day!
- Choice of 2 Medical plans with HSA employer funding of $750 - $1,500
- Dental and Vision plans
- 100% Tuition Reimbursement Program
- 6% match to your 401(k) plan
- No cost Life & Disability Benefits
- Company Provided PPE
- Work-Life Balance
- Up to 6 weeks paid Parental Leave
- 12 Paid Holidays per year
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
Professional Skills – Essential
- Desirable to have an Industrial Electrician License
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Have a minimum of 5 years industrial electrical experience
- Basic knowledge of the following:
- ABB/Danfoss VFD drives
- Lenze servo drives
- Semens PLC controlled Automation
- Motor control circuits
- Industrial instrumentation
- A good understanding of the Electrical Code
- Be capable to work with minimal supervision
- Be willing and able to work overtime on short notice
- Work closely with the Maintenance Mechanic (and contractors as needed)
- Own quality tools capable of performing routine tasks
- Good troubleshooting skills
- Must be a team player
- Drive, commitment, positive attitude and high energy
What Will you e Responsible for?
- Install, examine, replace or repair electrical wiring, receptacles, switch boxes, conduits, feeders, fiber-optic and coaxial cable assemblies, lighting fixtures and other electrical components
- Test electrical and electronic equipment and components for continuity, current, voltage and resistance
- Maintain, repair, install and test switchgear, transformers, switchboard meters, regulators and reactors
- Maintain, repair, test and install electrical motors, generators, alternators, industrial storage batteries and hydraulic and pneumatic electrical control systems
- Troubleshoot, maintain and repair industrial, electrical and electronic control systems and other related devices
- Conduct preventive maintenance programs and keep maintenance records
- Install, calibrate and maintain industrial instrumentation and related devices.
- Industrial electricians install, maintain, test, troubleshoot and repair industrial electrical equipment and associated electrical and electronic controls.
- Read and interpret drawings, blueprints, schematics and electrical code specifications to determine layout of industrial electrical equipment installations
- Adjust machinery and repair or replace defective parts
- Operate machine tools such as lathes and grinders to fabricate parts required during overhaul, maintenance or set-up of machinery
- Clean, lubricate and perform other routine maintenance work on machinery
Basic Physical Requirements
- The following must be able to be performed with effective results and without personal injury:
- The ability to lift 60 pounds; ability to lift to 120 pounds with another person (team)
- The ability to shovel heavy waste to shoulder height, ability to sweep, to use sharp objects in a safe manner.
- Ability to wear protective + safety equipment
- Must be able to work in high temperatures, in excess of 100 degrees Fahrenheit for several hours during the day, as applicable.
ROCKWOOL is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified candidates without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.