Electrical Maintenance Technician/Mechanic
$23.46 - $26.66
Sign on Bonus:
$500 after 30 days,
$500 after 6 months,
Hourly Full-Time Swing shift
511 3rd St.
Houston, MS 38851
The Job You Will Perform:
- Perform maintenance duties to troubleshoot and repair defective equipment in a timely manner
- Perform predictive and preventative maintenance duties and generate work notifications to address any issues detected
- Complete work order cycle within SAP: create orders, perform work, confirm time, and enter equipment history
- Work closely with all team members to ensure each task is completed in a safe and efficient manner
- Assist other team members in the plant to minimize downtime and maintain quality
The Skills You Will Bring:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of two years industrial maintenance experience
- Two year vocational training in electrical technology is preferred
- An operational knowledge of automated industrial machinery which includes; motors, servos, pumps, drives, relays, 3 phase power, communication devices, industrial / electronic controls and power transmission systems.
- A good understanding of hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Ability to install and set up both A/C and D/C drives
- PLC trouble shooting and problem solving ability with practical, mechanical & electrical aptitude.
- Ability to read and interpret both electrical and mechanical drawings.
- Working Knowledge of Encoders and various types of sensors.
- Working Knowledge of power transmission equipment, bearings, pneumatics and hydraulics
- Basic welding skills
- Familiarity with pumps, both air and electric
- Ability to install and trouble shoot basic 3 phase motor control circuits
- Some knowledge of the various types of sensors and limit switches
- Proven safety record and working knowledge of industrial safety procedures
- Willingness to work 10-12 hour shifts, weekends, and overtime as required
- Self-motivated, and capable of working with little or no supervision
- Capable of wearing all required personal protective equipment such as hearing protection, safety glasses, safety toe shoes, and flame resistant clothing
- Effective oral and written skills are necessary
- Ability to be part of a multi-functional / multi-skilled maintenance organization with a willingness to flow to work as required by plant production priorities
- Working knowledge of MS Office, Word, and Excel
- Experience with Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) primarily SAP
- Preferred experience with Programmable Logic Controllers, Servo, and Frequency Drives
Applicant must successfully complete pre-employment physical, drug screen and background check
The Benefits You Will Enjoy:
- Paid time off including Vacation and Holidays
- Retirement, pension, and 401k Matching Program
- Medical & Dental
- Education & Development (including Tuition Reimbursement)
- Life & Disability Insurance
The Career You Will Build:
- Leadership training
- Promotional opportunities
- Solid Retirement
The Impact You Will Make:
We continue to build a better future for people, the plant, and our company! IP has been a good steward of sustainable practices across communities around the world for more than 120 years. Join our team and you’ll see why our team members say they’re Proud to be IP.
The Culture You Will Experience:
International Paper promotes employee well-being by providing safe, caring and inclusive workplaces. You will learn Safety Leadership Principles and have the opportunity to opt into Employee Networking Circles such as IPVets, IPride, Women in IP, and the African American ENC. We invite you to bring your uniqueness, creativity, talents, experiences, and safety mindset to be a part of our increasingly diverse culture.
The Company You Will Join:
International Paper (NYSE: IP) is a leading global supplier of renewable fiber-based products. We produce corrugated packaging products that protect and promote goods, and enable worldwide commerce, and pulp for diapers, tissue and other personal care products that promote health and wellness. Headquartered in Memphis, Tenn., we employ approximately 38,000 colleagues globally. We serve customers worldwide, with manufacturing operations in North America, Latin America, North Africa and Europe. Net sales for 2021 were $19.4 billion. In Russia, we have a 50/50 joint venture, Ilim Group, the country's largest integrated manufacturer of pulp and paper. Additional information can be found by visiting InternationalPaper.com.
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.