Bernhard’s core mission is delivering innovative engineering, construction, and energy solutions that empower our clients and promote a sustainable future. Bernhard is comprised of four divisions: Mechanical, Electrical, Engineering, and Development, each with a distinct identity and service offerings. The intersection of our capabilities enables Bernhard to provide turnkey Energy-as-a-Service (“EaaS”) solutions to our clients. At the same time, our divisions continue working in the market sectors and communities that the Company has traditionally served. Bernhard’s vision is to be the leading EaaS provider in North America through the delivery of excellent, high-value service and innovative solutions for our clients.
Purpose and Essential Duties
Work will consist of installations, alterations, additions and/or repairs of electrical systems, conductors and associated materials and equipment within the residential, commercial and industrial electrical industry.
The incumbent of this position is responsible for assigned field installations, alterations, additions and or repairs of electrical systems, conductors and associated materials and equipment. Incumbent performs this work within an established time frame and ensures that this work is done in conformance with quality work standards, project man-hours and in the established company guidelines and within regulatory compliance.
- (S) Clearly understand and comply to company/job safety (OSHA).
- (P) Must be able to report to assigned job site location on time as directed.
- (B) Maintain and properly store tools and
- (S) Proper use and safe handling of tools, equipment and
- (P) Accurately organize materials and tools in order to maintain clean and neat work area.
- (B) Has ability to erect and understand pulley systems to lift/move heavy
- (B) Knowledge of blueprints/shop drawings, including symbol
- (B) Knowledge of use of degrees in bending conduit (i.e. concentric ).
- (B) Knowledge of switching
- (B) Experience in terminations. (i.e. both aluminum and copper, twisted pair cable, terminating coaxial cable).
- (P) Ability to add, subtract, divide and use electrical formulas
- (B) Perform work at various heights, up to 90' from ladders, scaffolds, aerial lifts, cat walks, roofs or other safe work areas.
- (P) Work in restrictive/tight (i.e. switchgear rooms, craw spaces, utility tunnels, etc.).
- (P) Must be cable of digging trenches, either by use of hand tools or
- (B) Accurately read labels, job site maps/directions, manuals and written
- (M) Employee must be able to direct/train helpers & apprentices in proper work
- (P) Must have ability to plan and organize task in order to meet task
- (P) Ability to visualize completed work prior to
- C) Employee must understand and follow the
- (B) Must have knowledge of: Properly implement grounding practices, Transfo1mer Protection/Connections, Insulating Oils & Overcurrent Protection, Parallel circuits, Fuse Operate Circuit Breakers, Motors, Inductance and Capacitance Power
- (B) Have skill to accurately install duct banks and understand spacing
- (S) Must have ability & knowledge to properly give "hand signals" to
- (T) Knowledge of series circuits, Ohms's Law, DC Circuits and resistance and its
- C) Able to install
- (D) Understand the Proper use/selection of cables for proper installation per
- (T) Knowledge and Understanding of OSHA
This position is Full Time/Non-Exempt.
Preferred Education, Experience and Qualifications
- High School Diploma or
- 4 or more years of experience and meets
Physical/Work Environment Requirements
- (P) Job may require working in all elements, depending on job location, time of year, heat, cold, rain or
- (P) Must be able to utilize construction site sanitary (Porta-Johns).
- (P) Job requires employee to have required hand tools with them at all times while at work site (Waist tool belts can weigh up to 30 ).
- (P) Must be able to work from all type of ladders. (Step ladders up to 14', "A" frame ladders and all size extension ladders and must be able to carry and relocate 12' stepladder by one's self). Note: employee personal weight and personal tools cannot exceed weight limits of the ladder. (class 1 - 250 lbs., class lA- 300 ).
- (S) Must wear personnel protective equipment at all times. (i.e. hard hats, safety glasses, safety harnesses as required) and respirators when
- (P) Repetitive use of arms, hands and
- (P) Ability to work 10 hours per day, night shift, 40 hours per week and overtime as required with little or on short
- (S) This position is prohibited from working on energized circuits or in/with energized
- (P) Must work smoothly with others as a member of a team to complete
- (P) Ability to work in noisy
- (P) Ability to remain calm in times of heighten emotional
- (S) Must have knowledge, certification and ability to perform First aid, CPR and Emergency rescue if ever
- (P) Must be able to bend, stoop, squat, craw, climb, kneel, balance, push, pull, and reach
- (P) Ability to lift by ones self work loads of 51
- (P) Climb ladders of all
- (P) Posses good vision/hearing. (Normal or corrected).
- (P) Must be able to make transition from employee parking area of street into construction areas and to gain access to all levels of the building or structure, even if the only means of access is by OSHA approved site construction ladder or stairs still under construction but acceptable for
- (P) Ability to work while constantly moving on one's
- (P) Ability to reach and stretch to position equipment and fixtures while maintaining
- (P) Must have ability of use of both hands simultaneously for tying knots and in the use of power
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Women, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities, and participate in the e-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by law.
To staffing/placement agencies: We are not responsible for any fee related to unsolicited resumes from 3rd party staffing and placement agencies (whether submitted through this website or sent directly to an employee of Bernhard LLC or its operating companies) unless a written agreement is in place between the agency and Bernhard, LLC (“Company”) and an authorized Company representative makes a written request to the agency to assist with a requisition. Similarly, no fee will be paid for candidates who apply and claim to be represented by an agency. Any unsolicited resumes, CVs, or other candidate information submitted by an agency will become the property of the Company, and no fee will be paid in the event such candidate is hired.
If you are an agency and would like to be considered for partnership with Bernhard, LLC please send your company’s information to [email protected]