Teledyne CETAC Technologies is a worldwide leader in sample handling and sample introduction technologies for elemental analysis. Teledyne CETAC provides a comprehensive range of product based solutions for the analysis of elements in samples ranging from drinking water and high purity acids to radioactive waste. We develop, manufacture and market a family of products and services that provide essential solutions to customers around the globe.
We are taking applications for an Electrical Engineer to join our team
Position Summary and Responsibilities
Responsible for the research, development, design and testing of new products. Focus areas include various aspects of electro-mechanical design, analog, digital, power, firmware, controls, sensors and robotics.
- Design, test, and build prototype systems for instrumentation, measurement, and automation, and material handling robotic products in accordance with customer specifications.
- Research new technologies to determine feasibility and cost of design; apply in practical application for unique engineering solutions
- Coordinate with manufacturing to transfer new designs into production
- Represent R&D in multifunctional project teams to troubleshoot and improve product design.
- Plan, complete and document projects in a research/design environment with formal design processes.
- Exhibit professional conduct with a high level of integrity.
- Apply sound and diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices in broad areas of assignments and relating field.
- Experience with analog and digital electronics circuit design.
- Experience working with schematics and printed circuit board layout.
- Experience with electronic circuit technology assembly processes.
- Knowledge of electronic sensors and controls.
- Knowledge of system interfaces and protocols.
- Proactive mindset with strong sense of responsibility and ownership.
- Ability to analyze and solve complex problems while applying planning and organizational methods.
- Ability to drive change, and to work concurrently on multiple tasks and projects.
- A practical understanding of standard engineering and documentation processes.
- Circuit emulation design software and circuit board layout software expertise, or similar circuit design tools, Altium preferred.
- Experience with any PIC processor/microcontroller/control processor/microprocessor firmware creation, or similar experience.
- Experience with stepper motors and mechanical drive systems.
- Knowledge of FPGA development.
- Knowledge of IEC safety and emissions standards.
Education and Experience:
- BSEE or higher preferred
- Experience 5 years or greater preferred.
- Other engineering or science degree considered with strong experience in, and emphasis on, electronics design and electro-mechanical systems.