At Jacobs, we push the limits of what’s possible to make the world more connected and sustainable, we understand that climate change is the greatest challenge and opportunity of our generation and are working to establish Jacobs as a leader in clean & smart mobility, we understand that the infrastructure needs of the electric vehicle sector are rapidly evolving and require fast-paced, innovative solutions. Reducing global transportation sector emissions is a top priority and we’re working to decarbonize transportation to improve local air quality by eliminating harmful pollutants and reducing noise pollution for communities. You will be part of a highly collaborative and agile team, delivering cutting edge solutions to world leading clients.
We're looking for an Electrical Engineer who is excited about working on projects that enable the heart of our clients’ business. Join us and you’ll have the chance to work on projects at some of the world’s most state of the art industrial and commercial facilities. You’ll be accountable for schedule and technical quality of challenging engineering tasks, as you gain familiarity with the client’s expectations, scope, budget, and schedule.
You will work in a multi-discipline, highly interactive team to successfully deliver on the design, development, application, evaluation, recommendation, and specification of engineered systems and products for building Electrical Systems. You will perform all aspects of electrical engineering and design and independently apply advanced engineering techniques and analysis within the discipline including:
- Develop designs that require innovation and ingenuity, be expected to perform work with little to no supervision, review work of discipline team for adequacy on completion and provide technical guidance to drafters/designers and engineers.
- Coordinate with local and remote electrical design teams and other disciplines throughout the design, construction, and commissioning process.
- Ensure the expectations of the project deliverables are met for your discipline, ensuring the quality expectations, schedules and budgets
- Assist in project proposals by ascertaining scope, determining the required design budgets and when necessary, serve as an expert during proposal presentations
- Work with others as required to incorporate code and safety requirements into designs
- Design of various electrical building services systems within advanced facilities, e.g. power distribution, small power, data, containment, lighting, fire detection and alarms, intruder detection etc.
- Engage with junior staff to provide on the job training and mentoring.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders. This includes verbal and written communication as well as visual presentation.
- Use, modify, and develop digital tools to undertake engineering design, and to improve on existing design, troubleshooting and validation methods.
- Understand and implement best practice in all aspects of design.
- Identify client needs and exceed expectations to capture repeat work.
- Undertake site-based inspections and surveys at client sites, including undergoing any necessary client specific training.
- Strive to meet stringent deadlines, maintaining desired quality levels of output.
- Understand and implement Jacobs Environmental, Health and Safety, and Commercial policies and standards.
The position can be performed from virtually any location in the United States #EVjobs
- Progressive experience as an Electrical Engineer
- Minimum qualification of Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Facility and/ or Industrial design experience including pharmaceutical/consumer/chemical manufacturing, semiconductor facilities, data center, or similar
- Proficient in Microsoft suite (Excel).
- Relevant engineering/design experience in industrial/advanced technology sector.
- Engineering/ design experience with Low Voltage and Medium Voltage Electrical systems
- Ability to interact with other engineering disciplines, clients, and vendors at all levels.
- Possess working knowledge of AutoCAD, Revit MEP, Navisworks, Bluebeam or similar specification development software
- Experience in the Electrical Vehicle market is helpful but not required
- Exposure to NFPA 70E and Arc-flash modeling is helpful but not required
- Established Professional network within the EV market
We clear the way for inventive thinking, so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.