The Drumming Operator is responsible for ensuring that products get properly packaged and labeled for shipment to various customers. This task will require the safe operation of drum and tote filling equipment, labeling of the filled drums and operation of the palletizer. Additional tasks include product and product hose verification and inspections, valve line-ups, strong communications with the control room, shift supervision, maintenance department and co-workers.
- Control and monitor transfers of the various bulk liquid fine chemicals into packaging by using automated drum and tote fillers. Physically connect the rail cars and trucks to the transfer lines.
- Understand printed fill orders and ensure that the proper weights are transferred by utilizing the drum or tote scales. Assist in generating the proper filling documentation.
- Prepare the automated drum scales with the proper hoses, lances, and labels.
- Communicate with the Control room during the filling operation.
- Empty transfer lines by means of pigging.
- Use a forklift and a scanner when moving drums and totes in the warehouse.
- Provide excellent housekeeping skills to ensure the work area is inspection ready at any time.
- Assist in responding to terminal emergencies such as spills and fire if Emergency Response trained and certified.
- Follow all plant safety rules.
- Ensure customer satisfaction. Follow all Standard Operation Procedures.
- Train and understand all regulatory requirements pertaining to the responsibilities of the job.
- Coordinates with the Drumming Supervisors and the Drumming Superintendent.
- Housekeeping of Drumming department.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid Driver’s License
- TWIC (Transportation Workers Identification Credentials) for access to IMTT’s terminal locations.
- If certified, participate in the terminal emergency response organization.
- Skills and Abilities
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills in the English language.
- Ability to understand written and verbal communication in the English language.
- Ability to make decisions in a variable environment.
- Knowledge of basic mathematics (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and fractions).
- Ability to operate a computer and input data.
- Ability to safely operate a forklift.
- Professional safety training and/or experience in industrial firefighting.
- Computer literacy and/or experience with automated control and monitoring systems.
Hours of Work
- Typical hours of operation are Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- This position requires the ability to work rotating shifts and perform overtime and occasional weekend work as job duties demand.
- Occasional travel may be necessary, sometimes with little or no advance notice.
Physical and Environmental Demand
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have the ability to work in the outside element.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- Must be able to distinguish colors
- This would require the ability to lift up to 50 pounds, bend, stand, or stoop, as necessary.
- Ability to perform climbing, bending, stooping, kneeling and moderate lifting.
- Must be able to work in confined spaces, over water and not be afraid of heights.
- Ability to wear and use a respirator and PPE.
- Because the facility and adjoining facilities handle hazardous materials, the labor force must be able to evacuate quickly from any location of the facility without assistance in an emergency.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. The company reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary with or without notice.