Responsible for loading, transporting and delivering material to customer sites. This is a non-CDL driver position operating vehicles weighing 26,000 lbs. or less GVWR.
* Loads and secures product, material and supplies inside delivery vehicle. Delivers customer orders to delivery sites and unloads material safety and accurately, taking precaution to protect product and customer property.
* Required to use a hand-held device, except while driving, to ensure compliance with DVIR and HOS.
* Verifies order details and maintain log of deliveries, including amounts and/or weights, mileage and locations of deliveries. Check items against invoice to ensure accuracy of order.
* Acts as customer service liaison. Handles customer concerns and helps to resolve issues as they arise.
* Maintains service logs and pre/post trip inspection procedures.
Requirements: High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED), 21+ years of age and a valid driver's license. Previous delivery experience, preferably with building materials and delivery equipment is desired. Must be able to pass MVR report and obtain a DOT medical card. Forklift certification
• Knowledge of safety procedures while performing driving and materials handling tasks • Good verbal and written communication skills • Ability to read and understand maps, routes, road signs • Excellent customer service skills • Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out route assignment • Knowledge of basic math and measurement skills WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL ACTIVITY The work environment and physical activity described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. o Work is performed within a production environment, subject to temperature variations, hazardous chemicals, mechanical parts, increased noise levels and dust. o Must be able to lift and carry up to 100 pounds frequently and on occasion may be required to lift and carry, with assistance, up to 200 pounds. o Must be able to physically operate crane equipment (climb up and down into cab or on top of truck and/or load, twist torso for 360 degree visibility, use arms to operate controls, etc.).
Builders FirstSource is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, status as a protected veteran or status as an individual with a disability.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Builders FirstSource, please call (214) 765-3990 or email: [email protected]. Please do not send resumes to this email address - it is intended only to be used to request an accommodation in submitting an application for a job opening.
EEO THE LAW - English/Spanish
EEO IS THE LAW - SUPPLEMENT - English/Spanish
Pay Transparency Provision - English/SpanishApply Now