- Drive and operate an 18-wheel tractor/cargo tank to safely transport crude oil from the field to pipeline injection point or refinery.
- Open and close required valves to allow product to flow in or out of the trailer. Climb storage tank (15’ to 30’) to gauge volume of product that is in the tank so not to overflow the tank.
- Test product using on-board oil centrifuge and spinning for 5 minutes.
- Check and record bottom sediment, water percent, temperature and gravity of the product.
- Record volume and lease site load/unload activity into hand-held computer for printing of run tickets.
- Prepare driver’s Daily Report and other paperwork.
- Inspect truck, tires, and tank and surrounding area for safety concerns and ensure all operating equipment is in proper working order and meets safety conditions.
- Report the volume of product hauled for accounting, revenue and payroll purposes.
- Actively participates in and promotes the Company’s safety programs.
Required Skills, Experience, and Education:
- Must possess a valid class A CDL with Tank and Hazardous Materials endorsements (X).
- Must pass a pre-employment DOT medical exam.
- Must pass DOT pre-employment drug and alcohol screenings.
- Must possess a driving record which contains no more than two (2) moving violations during the previous three (3) years.
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English.
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Two plus years of verifiable tractor/semi-trailer driving experience preferred.
- Transportation Worker Identification Card (TWIC) card preferred.
- This position must adhere to applicable D.O.T. regulations and/or is considered a Safety Sensitive position, and as such, is subject to pre-employment and random Drug and Alcohol testing.