Normal work hours: 5AM to 4PM
Drives delivery vehicle to transport materials to location or customer site that requires the operation of a crane or boom in the loading and off-loading of materials. Operates crane or boom on delivery truck, including rigging, planning and hoisting of a variety of heavy construction materials. Requires a CDL license to operate delivery vehicle in excess of 26,001 pounds. Requires a crane or boom operator certification.
What You’ll Do:
- Drives delivery vehicle to transport product, materials or supplies to and from locations and at customer site.
- Loads and/or unloads materials that require the operation of a crane/boom by rigging, planning and hoisting a variety of heavy construction materials onto delivery trucks.
- Calculates the boom/crane capacities and weights and checks clearances so that buildings, hydro wires and foundation of the machine will not be damaged during operation.
- Calculates weight of materials to ensure it is not over weight limits of the truck and/or DOT regulations.
- Addresses and resolves customer issues as appropriate. Informs supervisors of any issues that remain outstanding related to customer deliveries, truck loading, and route sequence.
- Inspects and maintains crane/boom equipment in order to ensure safety and prevent damage to equipment and surrounding structures.
- Maintains logs of delivery duties including amounts and/or weights of items, mileage and locations of deliveries; checks items against invoice or bill of lading.
High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and two (2) years driving experience and a minimum of one (1) year experience operating a Boom or Crane, or equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
- Must always have a valid CDL and be at least 21 years of age.
- Boom or Crane Operator certification required.
What You Can Bring to the Team:
- Knowledge of safety procedures while performing driving and materials handling tasks
- Ability to read and understand maps, routes, road signs
- Excellent customer service skills
- Knowledge of basic math and measurement skills
- Must have a CDL license and comply with all state and federal regulations.
- Must have a Boom or Crane Operator certification.
Work Environment / Physical Activity
- Work is performed within a production environment, subject to temperature variations, hazardous chemicals, mechanical parts, increased noise levels and dust.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 100 pounds frequently and on occasion may be required to lift and carry, with assistance, up to 200 pounds.
- Must be able to physically operate crane equipment (climb up and down into cab, twist torso for 360-degree visibility, use arms to operate controls, etc.).
Builders FirstSource provides competitive benefits that include:
Medical, Dental & Vision Plans; Critical Care, Accident, & Hospital insurance; Flexible Spending & Health Savings Accounts; 401(k) with match; Vacation & Sick Time; Paid Holidays; Life & Accident insurance, Short & Long Term Disability; Employee Discounts.
Check us out on YouTube: https://youtu.be/Gkon4jFhKCc
Builders FirstSource is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Builders FirstSource, please call (214) 765-3990 or email: [email protected]. Please do not send resumes to this email address - it is intended only to be used to request an accommodation in submitting an application for a job opening.
EEO THE LAW - English/Spanish
EEO IS THE LAW - SUPPLEMENT - English/Spanish
Pay Transparency Provision - English/Spanish Apply Now