Job Location: Lukens - New Castle, DE
Position Type: Full Time
Education Level: 4 Year Degree
Salary Range: Undisclosed
Travel Percentage: None
Job Shift: Day
Job Category: Purchasing - Procurement
Domestic Sourcing Specialist Job Description
Domestic Sourcing Specialist
Reporting to the Manager of Sourcing, the Sourcing & Packaging Specialist will be responsible to develop, implement, and drive the sourcing and procurement strategies for domestic packaging spend across the enterprise. Accountable for sourcing all materials with a focus on corrugated packaging that align with all company objectives. Concentration on supporting sustainability initiatives, cost saving projects, and process development across defined sourcing categories.
- Develop strong participant engagement to understand packaging requirements, effective project management and negotiation skills, with the ability to drive standardized improvements and remove complexity from the sourcing process
- Develop category strategies, cost savings projects, and manage the domestic packaging portfolio, including corrugated cartons, printed boxes, pallets, LDPE bags, labels, packaging materials, wrap, and related equipment.
- Work with domestic suppliers to manage and resolve issues including timelines, pricing disputes, MOQ requirements and inbound shipping methods.
- Conduct cost-benefit analysis to compare vendors and materials throughout the packaging sourcing eco-system.
- Negotiate all packaging order tier/pricing projects needed for production.
- Partner with Packaging Engineering Team on various sourcing projects that include the areas of pricing, display concepts, material sourcing, and supplier management.
- Work with cross-functional teams including Engineering, Marketing Services, Design and Domestic Sourcing Office, to develop and execute sustainability strategies that support the needs of our key account partners.
- Develop, update, and share meaningful metrics/KPIs tied to performance and cost savings.
- Communication with suppliers to follow up with emails, product quotes, and sample products.
- Manage supplier base to achieve delivery performance and negotiate with supplier to ensure cost, quality and delivery competitiveness for assigned categories.
- Leverage MRP experience in a manufacturing environment and be responsible for
removing supply chain constraints for all packaging related material needed for production.
Domestic Sourcing Specialist Qualifications
Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree- Supply Chain, Packaging, Procurement, or Related Field
- 3-5 years of relevant sourcing and or packaging experience in a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a global organization, within operations and with external suppliers.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, working knowledge of MS applications - Outlook, Power Point, Word, OneNote, and Teams.
- Familiarity with ERP systems such as SAP, JD Edwards Enterprise One, or Infor.
- Ability to work independently, typically initiating own tasks with input/guidance from manager.
- Ability to effectively communicate to all team members, stakeholders, management, and suppliers