Expected Travel: None
Requisition ID: 6318
About Teleflex Incorporated
Teleflex is a global provider of clinically effective medical technologies designed to improve the health and quality of people’s lives. We apply purpose driven innovation – a relentless pursuit of identifying unmet clinical needs – to benefit patients and healthcare providers. Our portfolio is diverse, with solutions in the fields of vascular and interventional access, interventional cardiology, surgical, anesthesia, cardiac care, interventional urology, urology, emergency medicine and respiratory care. Teleflex employees worldwide are united in the understanding that what we do every day makes a difference. For more information, please visit teleflex.com.
Global Operations - Global Operations is a complex and diverse organization within the company which is responsible for product fulfilment to all our customers from end to end. We pride ourselves on being totally Customer Centric in our unrelenting focus on Improving Quality, Service and Value as perceived by our customers. Our employees are dedicated to the Global Operations Enterprise Excellence journey. Join a dynamic, growing team that offers healthcare providers an array of medical technology solutions that make a difference in patients’ lives.
To manage the daily operations of the Receiving, Shipping, Inventory Control, and/or International Departments at the Distribution Centers. This includes the meeting of customer and stakeholder expectations through the effective use of people, process and technology within the operation.
• Manage the receiving, shipping, international, and/or inventory control departments at the DC
• Within the constraints of current policies, procedures, & regulations (FDA, ISO, OSHA, etc….), the supervisor is responsible for investigating and analyzing all events relative to and for the development of action plans that provide expected results
• Position includes responsibilities for personnel supervision of one or more of the following departments: Domestic Shipping, Inventory Control, Receiving, International Shipping, and Returned Goods Processing
• Support the growth and improvement of a recently consolidated Distribution Center
• Focus on safety for all people.
• Support metrics for the DC operation and improve them.
• Focus on continuous improvement within the operation and with customers.
• Demonstrate a solid management and leadership ability with the DC employees.
• Maintain compliance with company policies, safety standards, good housekeeping practices, and GMP’s, ISO, OSHA, and other government regulations.
• Contribute to a budget development process for the DC operation that includes operating expenses and capital dollar requirements.
• Ensure the timely receipt of products from internal and external suppliers
• Gain and use knowledge of the existing systems to improve the operation.
• 1-year minimum experience in a DC operation supervising hourly employees.
• BS degree in business, logistics, or operations is preferred or equivalent industry experience.
• Medical device industry experience is preferred.
• Must have knowledge on Human Relations, analytical skills, leadership skills, system oriented and develop a working knowledge of the mechanics of technologies and processes within his/her organization.
• Must effectively interrelate with all disciplines that share in responsibilities of his/her organization. Typical working relationships would be with Engineering, IS, Manufacturing, Accounting, Quality, Purchasing, and Human Resources. Frequency level is on an “as needed” basis.
• Exposure to dust and high noise level. Non-smoking building. Ability to work overtime and extended work hours as required
• Varied amount of walking, sitting, with a large emphasis on standing.
• Occasional amount of bending/stooping, reaching or pushing/pulling.
• Lifting/carrying up to 50 lbs.
• Requires above normal manual dexterity with tight tolerances.
• Must be able to wear appropriate safety gear such as hearing protection, safety glasses, masks, etc.
• Requires normal physical mobility, agility, and coordination including eye-hand.
• Requires above average concentration with normal memory.
• Normal ability to see with sense of touch.
Teleflex, Inc. is an affirmative action & equal opportunity employer. D/V/M/F. Applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status. If you require accommodation to apply for a position, please contact us at: 262-439-1894.
Teleflex is the home of Arrow®, Deknatel®, Hudson RCI®, LMA®, Pilling®, Rüsch®, UroLift® and Weck® – trusted brands united by a common sense of purpose. Teleflex, the Teleflex logo, Arrow, Deknatel, Hudson RCI, LMA, Pilling, Rüsch, UroLift and Weck are trademarks or registered trademarks of Teleflex Incorporated or its affiliates, in the U.S. and/or other countries.
© 2021 Teleflex Incorporated. All rights reserved.