Job Location: Nevada Distribution Center - Reno, NV
Position Type: Full Time
Education Level: None
Salary Range: Undisclosed
Travel Percentage: None
Job Category: Warehouse
Who is Almo?
Are you looking to join one of the hottest and fastest-growing industries in the Post-Covid19 world? Celebrating our 75th year of operation, Almo Corporation is the largest independent distributor of appliances, consumer electronics, professional Audio/Video equipment, furniture and housewares in the United States. With an excellent reputation in the market, Almo Corporation operates with strong values every day: Family, Integrity, Innovation, and Teamwork. We strive to build an environment of diversity, belonging, and continuous learning.
Ask about our $1k sign-on bonus!
The Generalist is responsible for picking customer orders and packing them in a manner that meets company standards for efficiency, safe and damage-free handling and productivity. There are two levels of this position based on complexity of work Generalist and Senior Generalist.
What you will do in this role:
- Pick merchandise from the distribution center aisles that does not need to be manipulated by forklift or clamp truck
- Receive merchandise for return or delivery and verify its contents
- Count and stock merchandise based on inventory control log
- Identify damaged, lost or missing merchandise and notify supervisor immediately
- Pack orders in an orderly manner and prepare boxes for shipping
- Treat merchandise with care and concern at all times
- Train and support new hires as they are onboarded
- Senior Generalist will operate a cherry picker and will often play a key role in coordinating workflow within a particular segment of the Distribution Center operations
What we look for in a candidate:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Good math, language and reading skills
- High degree of attention required to prevent injury to others; promote a safe work environment
- Follow detailed instructions for picking and packing operations and keeping records
- Execute assignments in an accurate, timely and safe manner
- Maintain a clean & safe environment
Additional skills, knowledge, and abilities:
- Capable of sitting, standing and walking for extended periods of time.
- Able to push and move up to 50 lb boxes