Job Location: Nampa - Nampa, ID
Salary Range: Undisclosed
The Director of Supply Chain role is responsible for overseeing the Company's supply chain processes by directing the overall supply chain operations, including purchasing, inventory, and the selection of vendors. This role evaluates material data and will work with negotiating prices and terms for materials as well as knowledge around commodity markets. This role develops and monitors the implementation of process changes meant to result in cost reduction, productivity improvement, and profitability increases.
Job Duties May Include:
- Develop and implement purchasing strategies, ensuring that materials are delivered on time and on hand for production while minimizing inventory.
- Develop vendor contracts to reduce the Company's cost of products and improve vendor terms.
- Manage overall commodities positions and provide ongoing support of market analysis
- Identify and develop strategic supply sources for commodities/ingredients and work with forecasted customer demand
- Manage relationships with key suppliers, resolve supplier issues, optimize supplier performance and build backup strategies
- Oversee purchasing team functions and best practices for team development and support
- Utilize data analytics to evaluate past performance and trends and forecast inventory requirements.
- Work as part of the team for quarterly and annual pricing efforts.
- Special Projects as identified by the Executive Team to reduce costs, including but not limited to:
- Freight optimization
- Reduction of inventory targets
- Vendor evaluation and scorecard implementation
- Develop, report and improve supply chain metrics.
- Track progress against established goals.
- Work to improve purchasing systems and processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree preferred.
- Knowledge and experience working with commodities required.
- A minimum of two (2) to five (5) years similar work experience in supply chain management and logistics.
- A minimum of two (2) years managing commodities positions and knowledge of food products
- Or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Bachelors degree required.
- A minimum of two (2) years prior experience required.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office Suite software required.
- Previous experience with ERP system (Sage X3) preferred, but not required.
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Detailed analytical abilities.
- Ability to work in cross functional teams.
To positively impact the lives of our families, partners and communities for future generations by leading innovation in the food chain.
To develop and deliver the best food solutions for people and planet!
The values by which HB Specialty Foods operates its business are based upon the Company's own, unique BLENDS concept: