ILC Dover is a world leader in the innovative design and production of engineered products employing high-performance flexible materials. Since 1947, we have provided engineered solutions to complex customer problems. Initially known for the production of space suits for NASA, we leverage our vast materials, engineering, process, and design experience to create high performance systems for a wide range of industries. ILC Dover is a portfolio company of New Mountain Capital, which acquired the company in February 2020.
Recognized globally for our flexible containment solutions, ILC Dover serves customers in a diverse range of industries, including pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical manufacturing, personal care, food and beverage, chemical, aerospace, healthcare and government agencies. ILC Dover’s visionary solutions improve efficiency, safeguard workers and product, and prevent disasters. For more information visit ILCDover.com and follow us on LinkedIn.
The Director, Quality Assurance & Regulatory Affairs is responsible for building, leading and continually improving the quality assurance & regulatory structure and team to support brand protection/risk identification and reduction activities, improve process efficiency/cost containment and to support sales and operational activities throughout the organization. This position uses data-driven-decision making, quality principles, tools and key metrics to drive culture of quality (CoQ) and results-oriented improvements throughout the organization.
This position leads and develops direct reports and cross-functional team members where applicable. The Director combines expertise in quality management principles, tools and techniques with high levels of business acumen to develop people, processes and associated metrics for the improvement of the business. This position is responsible for the improvement and maintenance of the quality management system (QMS).
*Essential Job Responsibilities:
• Leads, develops and continually upgrades skills and abilities of team
• Directs teams for quality and cross-functional improvement initiatives to process and metrics across sites and business units
• Promulgates culture of quality throughout the organization through interactions, teaching and by example
• Accountable for risk identification and mitigation/brand protection results companywide.
• Supports sales and operational directives
• Demonstrates both a process approach and data driven decision making/metric skills to systematically and objectively improve company performance
• Actively manages the QMS to balance gain/capture of improvements with agility and lack of bureaucracy and waste
*This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
• Bachelor of Science or equivalent degree program in Engineering or other STEM field of study
• 12+ years’ experience in Quality Assurance and 5 years’ experience specific to management responsibility.
• Proven successful ability in the following areas:
o Customer satisfaction/delight
o Leadership of direct reports and cross-functionally
o Influence without Authority
o Internal relationship-building cross-functionally
o Attention to detail
o Technical / Professional / Industry Knowledge
o Communications (written and oral both internal and with customer interfaces)
o Data-Decision Making and Ownership
o Development of systems, processes and metrics
o Initiating Action
o Contributing to Team Success
o Follow-up and Closure
• Demonstrates excellent written and oral communications
• Must have professional demeanor; ability to use appropriate levels of tact, diplomacy, and discretion
• Demonstrated strong time management skills; able to handle multiple tasks, set priorities and meet deadlines
• Ability to resolve conflicts; work well under pressure, act quickly and decisively using sound judgment
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, ILC Dover is committed to a diverse workforce. We offer competitive benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, 401(k), PTO, and more.
Background Check & Drug Screening Required
EOE/AA Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran