Come Be Part of a Mission that Matters!
Summary: Responsible for Global Genomics Lab Operations and personnel. Sets Global Genomics operational strategy & standards, service levels, workflows, target equipment footprint, and service levels. Manages interaction and negotiation with key vendors in conjunction with global procurement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for setting Global operational strategy for Genomics operations in support of strategic business direction
- Responsible for setting global operational processes, best lab practices and target service levels to meet market needs. Standards adaptable to global market needs as necessary.
- Responsible for hiring, training, and directing global Genomics operational management. All ·service laboratory managers and their direct reports at Neogen Genomics Operations, to achieve company goals within a prescribed timeframe.
- Oversee the Data Group responsible for generating genotype data as well as the Data Services group responsible for transforming and reporting client data and information.
- Work closely with Neogen IT and Commercial software and data BU to achieve business goals and meet market & customer requirements.
- Lead new platform evaluation, acquisition, and implementation on a global basis. Ensure genomics operations remains on the cutting edge of new genotyping technologies and methodologies.
- Attract, develop, and retain quality managers and employees at all organizational levels.
- Work with Sales and Marketing to efficiently identify new product opportunities and seamlessly integrate into the product offering on a global basis
- Lead & support the global satellite laboratories, to ensure efficient and effective operations on a worldwide basis. Work closely with country leadership
- Work with corporate purchasing and site buyers to source genomics raw materials used in operation.
- Responsible for establishing measurable performance standards for laboratory thru-put, monitor and report achievement at needed intervals
- Responsible for and work with site leaders to develop and update thru-put schedules along with QA and QC protocols to ensure quality service in expedient fashion.
- Responsible for site operations financials
- Responsible for roll-up of global Genomics operations budgets
- Participate and have a lead roll in Global Genomics Operations budgeting and performance to budget throughout the fiscal year
- Responsible for Lincoln site operations.
- Other related duties as may be agreed with senior management.
- Global travel as necessary to promote and advance the business and meet regularly with local laboratory managers.
- Work closely with sales and marketing management to ensure operations are able to achieve budgeted revenue goals.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor degree in any of the Life Sciences with 10+ years work experience with managing projects, laboratory personnel and general operations of laboratory and related facilities. Experience/exposure to animal agriculture is a strong advantage. Agribusiness experience preferred
WHO IS NEOGEN:
Neogen is home to the largest genomic operation in the world! Our worldwide genomics operations deliver innovative, affordable DNA testing for the discovery and commercial application of genomic advances that enhance the safety and abundance of life. Our genomics tools are used by farmers and ranchers, and veterinary practitioners, to provide the best animal care possible, as well as enhance breeding programs.
Neogen’s culture combines stability with a deep belief in providing professional and personal growth. Our Pillars of Trust — the principles that guide our everyday decision-making, include Openness, Honesty, Credibility, Respect, and Service. It’s our belief in these characteristics that provides a consistent, happy and healthy work environment for our employees.