About Williams Sonoma (Supply Chain) - Olive Branch / Memphis
Since it was founded in 1956, Williams - Sonoma has grown from Chuck Williams’ single store in Sonoma, CA into one of the largest retailers in the country, with some best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings, including Williams – Sonoma. Pottery Barn and West Elm.
Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online and mail-order customers around the world. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly. If you have a background in distribution, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance, human resources or home delivery – and are looking for a job with a strong opportunity for gaining new skills and for advancement – our Supply Chain Organization could be just the place for you.
WSI is evolving our Supply Chain to continue to be the hub of our growth strategy. We are looking for a Leader who can lead the scaling of new and existing automation systems across our global eCommerce facilities. We need a determined individual who can develop a roadmap for automation solutions across regions for various service offerings while working closely with cross-functional teams to implement these solutions. If you are a driven and dynamic leader that will leverage our expertise around automation, engineering, and retail to implement market-changing capabilities for our distribution and fulfillment centers, we want to talk to you.
You’ll be excited about this opportunity because you will....
- Take a lead role to ensure execution of productivity and growth projects and PEAK/ Continuous Improvement initiatives
- Establish, influence, and manage high-visibility key supplier relationships.
- Promote a talent-focused organization where talent management is the responsibility of all managers.
- Provide leadership and transformational thinking in the application of automation to optimize material/product flow and eliminate repetitive unskilled manual tasks
- Develop proactive strategies and tactics that continuously improve the quality, performance, and value of the company’s technical asset base and capital project execution programs
- Be responsible and accountable for the direction, strategy, and tactics of all aspects of equipment/systems engineering, project management and execution, standards, specifications, technical philosophy, idle asset management, safety design, regulatory requirements, and equipment/systems performance specifications
- Develop consistent and meaningful metrics for engineering organization.
- Act as a change agent to lead change and technical innovation within manufacturing and distribution facilities
- Define short and long-term automation strategies that drive EBIT targets and deliver on budget
- Research differentiating automation solutions and system software to create scalable and flexible operations within all lines of business.
- Develop a roadmap for automation solutions in facilities for parcel sortation, cross border sortation, and fulfillment operations.
- Lead teams that design facility layout diagrams and make recommendations on all facility capacity requirements as well as design and implement solutions to support capacity needs.
- Create ROI and work with financial teams on all business cases for all automation and systems developed through roadmap to get approval on capital expenditure.
- Work with vendors to collect required data and create designs for automation solutions within the four walls of each facility.
- Work with technology teams to design roadmap for systems innovation utilizing data sciences / AI / ML that can create optimization within robotics and automation for future innovation.
- Lead special projects and all other tasks as assigned.
Check out some of the required qualifications we are looking for in amazing candidates….
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or a related field and 10 years experience in Industrial Engineering, supply chain, or a related area OR 14 years' experience in Industrial Engineering, supply chain, or a related area.
- At least 10 years minimum experience integrating automated solutions that include, but not limited to Goods to Person, Unit Sortation, Multi Shuttles, and ASRS solutions for Supply Chain Distribution with 3 years in a supervisory capacity.
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt or relevant Quality System experience
- Strong organization skills, attention to detail, and ability to multi-task
- Must have strong knowledge of warehouse design, material handling equipment and pick methodology, work measurement, labor management, slotting, and warehouse value-added services (i.e., kitting and price labeling)
- Excellent analytical/problem-solving capabilities and presentation skills required.
- Must be able to travel up to 20%
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and AutoCAD
- Knowledge of Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) required
Our company benefits are second to none in the industry….
- Generous discount on all Williams-Sonoma, Inc. brand products
- 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities
- Paid vacations, holidays, and time off to volunteer
- Health benefits, dental and vision insurance, including same-sex domestic partner benefits