MP Materials (NYSE: MP) is on a mission to restore the full rare earth supply chain to the United States of America. From electric cars to wind turbines and drones, rare earths are essential to the low-carbon, electrified technologies that power modern life. We hire ambitious, mission-driven people motivated to solve problems and affect change. Our values are grounded in teamwork, resiliency, and integrity, with an enduring commitment to our employees, community, and the environment. In the coming years, MP Materials will grow from a core materials and chemical processing company into a large industrial manufacturer. Our employees will lead this exciting transformation and grow professionally with us.
The Directory of Accounting will be responsible for the general oversight of the Accounting functions of the Company. Specific focus and attention will be on the Company’s control environment related to the General Ledger, Cost Accounting, Fixed Asset, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Payroll functions as well as the tactical execution of these team’s responsibilities. The position will work directly with the Vice President of Corporate and Operational Accounting to develop and implement policies and procedures, train the Accounting team and execute on various Accounting initiatives.
- General oversight of Accounting functions, activities, and requirements for the Company.
- Identify and lead improvement of internal processes in a controlled, Sarbanes Oxley “SOX”, environment.
- Recommend and ensure maintenance of appropriate internal controls and financial procedures in compliance with SOX.
- Lead and manage the General Ledger, Cost Accounting, Fixed Asset, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Payroll teams.
- Ensure completion of Company reconciliations, filings and reporting requirements.
- Work with external auditors and outside advisors.
- Manage the Company close calendar and proper completion of all close related activities.
- Plan, direct, and execute various Accounting projects, including those regarding Company growth initiatives that require Accounting support.
- Manage the General Ledger, Cost Accounting, Fixed Asset, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Payroll teams and ensure completion of all requirements and controls.
- Manage interdepartmental discussions intent on identifying and resolving issues associated with transactions and projects.
- Support Company initiatives through design, development and reporting of operational activities.
- Maintain Company compliance and reporting standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- 10+ years of progressive experience in accounting and/or finance.
MP Materials is Proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer - EEO is The Law
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Underrepresented groups/Women/Disabled/Veterans are encouraged to apply. Candidates whose disabilities make them unable to meet the position’s requirements will still be considered qualified if they can perform the essential functions of the job with reasonable accommodation.
Your Right To Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment verification document form upon hire.
For Assistance with Application - Alternative methods of applying for employment are available to individuals unable to submit an application through this site because of a disability. Contact Human Resources Department at 702-625-5679; 6720 Via Austi Parkway, Suite 450, Las Vegas, NV 89119 to discuss reasonable accommodations.
Employees are responsible for following all company, industry and regulatory procedures and laws to ensure a safe work environment by oneself and to the company.
A willingness to promote safety among the workforce. Participate in Process Hazard Analysis procedures and Pre-Startup Safety Reviews.
(PPE) Personal Protective Equipment is required when performing work in a mine, manufacturing, outdoor, or plant environment, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses safety footwear and as needed, respirator, rubber steel-toe boots, protective clothing, gloves and any other protective equipment as required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Our facility sits at an elevation of 4700 feet.
Department of Labor Physical Demand Category
Employees are subject to extreme weather conditions:
- Freezing winter weather
- Extreme desert summer heat.
Work is in a mine or manufacturing plant setting, which may include expose to moving mechanical parts, toxic chemicals, risk of electrical shock, explosives, fumes or airborne particles.
Manual dexterity; sense of touch; sense of smell; speaking clearly; hearing-speech range; hearing – all ranges; seeing, reading and comprehensions; seeing – distant/near; depth perception; color vision.
While performing the responsibilities of the Director of Accounting, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to stand and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel and to manipulate laboratory equipment. The employee is occasionally required to walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Employee must pass a full-face respiratory fit test. Employee must be able to lift 50 lbs. Must be able to work in PPE level C. These requirements are representative, but not all-inclusive, of the knowledge, skill, and ability required of the Director of Accounting.