Flex, a Fortune global 500 company, is the diversified manufacturing partner of choice that helps market-leading brands design, build and deliver innovative products that improve the world. We believe in the power of diversity and inclusion and cultivate a workplace culture of belonging that views uniqueness as a competitive edge and builds a community that enables our people to push the limits of innovation to make great products that create value and improve people's lives. A career at Flex offers the opportunity to make a difference and invest in your growth in a respectful, inclusive, and collaborative environment. If you are excited about a role but don't meet every bullet point, we encourage you to apply and join us to create the extraordinary.
Our Director, Business Development will support our extraordinary GSS team (Global Service Solution) in winning new business relating to forward logistics, postponement, direct order fulfillment, aftermarket / circular economy and B2C eCommerce solutions.
What a typical day looks like:
- Develop new strategic alliances with key customers.
- Research and recognize customers' business strategy, future product plans, and expansion activities and align Flex resources were mutually beneficial.
- Work closely with the Business Development Team and the Finance Department to control budgets within the department.
- Assist current accounts in the development and execution of product roadmaps and act as a focal point in delivering Flex's solutions which include concept development, industrial design, manufacturing, supply chain/logistics, services hold up and reverse logistics.
- Hold up senior management regarding managing and evaluating key personnel and in terms of talent acquisition to provide further potential to business resources.
- Implement appropriate HR strategies and actions to recruit and retain a qualified and motivated workforce while ensuring the comprehension of cultural nuances and diversity representations
- Represent Flex Ways of Working when interacting with internal & external contacts.
The experience we’re looking to add to our team:
- A Bachelor’s degree in engineering, sciences, or business.
- Typically requires 7 years of progressively advancing account management and/or business development experience.
- Ability to work with internal teams and executive management as well as external customers to maximize mutual benefit.
- Experience in the EMS / CMO / engineering business environment.
- Knowledge of Strategic Selling techniques.
- Understanding of key financial metrics and capability to read P&L, balance sheets, ROI indicators, taking actions to meet customers’ needs and Flex targets.
- Ability to successfully influence senior level management, executives, and key clients.
- Bachelor’s degree
Here are a few of our preferred experiences:
- Experience in Industrial aftermarket services, supply chain and logistics areas would be an advantage
- A good understanding of Industrial Device development, manufacturing and service
- Knowledge of relevant regulatory frameworks and quality systems is an advantage
- Prior experience in a multinational environment and strong intercultural skills
Here are a few examples of what you’ll get for the great work you provide:
- Full range of medical benefits, dental, vision, life insurance
- Quarterly Bonus Eligibility
- Matching 401K
- Paid time off
- Tuition Reimbursement
Sales - Marketing - Account Mgmt
Is Sponsorship Available?
Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status, or any other status protected by law. We're happy to provide reasonable accommodations to those with a disability for assistance in the application process. Please email [email protected]
and we'll discuss your specific situation and next steps (NOTE: this email does not accept or consider resumes or applications. This is only for disability assistance. To be considered for a position at Flex, you must complete the application process first).