The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization, with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. The J.R. Simplot Company is a true farm-to-table company with operations that touch every aspect of agriculture, including seed production, farming and ranching, plant sciences, fertilizer manufacturing, food processing, commercial product development, and distribution.
The Digital Merchandising Specialist supports the Company’s B2B and wholesale ecommerce sales operations. The position is responsible for executing product catalog updates, graphic updates (photo and video), and other merchandising updates. The position focuses on two main priorities: first, operational excellence as it relates to ecommerce and digital marketing; and second, enhancing the customer experience through merchandising and design.
- Drive the integration of multiple ERPs, PLMs, and DAMs into a single PIM platform.
- Facilitate the continued enhancement and cleansing of product data in all systems of record.
- Work closely with Merchandising, Sales, Website owners, and business units to facilitate their product data syndication needs.
- Work closely with the Digital Merchandising Associate Director to help incubate ideas and drive continuous improvement of product data processes, systems, and governance.
- Work with product owners and online product sales to drive new opportunities based on market opportunities and business rules for the eCommerce site
- Manage the web “buyable” catalog for the eCommerce site, while updating and maintaining the product information, attributes etc. within PIM
- Coordinate and execute the strategy for governance of product data across multiple countries, regions, languages, websites, and business needs.
- Work closely with the Digital Merchandising Associate Director to help deliver the financial plan for each category or commerce website (sales, units, margin)
- Become knowledgeable in the customer journey, persona’s, customer segments and markets and an expert to how our product catalog, prices, promotions, content, and technology tools impact buying behaviors on and offline.
- Work with Business Units and other workstreams to understand and support the business strategies and offer innovative product data possibilities, benefits or selling points.
- Help a digital transformation by partnering with Business Units to identify and fill potential digital product data opportunities and gaps.
- Build reports and insights based on recent Sales and eCommerce performance data (sales, units, households, baskets, repeat, penetration, etc.)
- Conduct periodic competitive reviews to understand merchandising strategy of competitors regionally and globally.
- Partner with various Marketing and Digital teams to define A/B tests to conduct in support of overall Merchandising strategy and overall customer acquisition, conversion, and retention
- Collaborate with marketing team for creation of marketing campaigns and strategies to drive effective product mixes, content and assets.
- Able to build comprehensive training plans and schedules for driving the adoption of Product catalog and PIM disciplines including establishing roles and responsibilities.
- Able to work in an agile, fast paced and start-up type environment with frequently changing priorities.
- Build strong cross functional relationships to build project support and meet or exceed project milestones.
- Bachelor's Degree (B.A. or B.S.) from 4 year college or university
- 2+ years’ experience in digital/eCommerce product management
- 2+ years’ delivery experience in executing digital products and/or experiences
- 2+ years’ experience working with technology and user experience teams to define, scope and prioritize product requirements
- 1+ years’ experience in translating business strategy, and business alignment into iterative product launches from inception to delivery/maintenance
- 1+ years’ experience in an agile software environment
- Experience with building feature Roadmaps Leading the digital product roadmap
- Demonstrated experience working closely with leadership, business stakeholders and customers
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to translate data into action
- Demonstrated experience working cross-functionally in a large organization
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Can work effectively with remote teams
Job Requisition ID: 9829
Travel Required: Less than 10%
Location(s): Simplot Headquarters - Boise
Country: United States
**The J.R. Simplot Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status.**
If you require technical assistance, please email us at [email protected]