The Sales Planner’s key responsibility is to manage campaigns and Digital workflow, across multiple platforms. They are the main point of contact for internal and external client contact and focus on problem solving and issue resolution. The Sales Planner assures all campaigns receive “white glove” service by overseeing a smooth & timely onboarding process, accurate campaign ordering & execution, correct billing, initial KPI achievement, and more. Post campaign launch, the Sales Planner remains the primary internal/external day to day contact, managing all post sale workflow and ensuring nothing less than 100% customer satisfaction. The Sales Planner aligns all goals to Tribune’s strategic plan to ensure continuous improvements customer-focused quality, and engagement to maximize revenue across all product lines.
Tribune Publishing is committed to hiring people with diverse backgrounds, voices and visions. Be yourself. Bring yourself. Because that’s the only way we will deliver on our mission to provide meaningful journalism to the diverse communities we serve. We hold ourselves accountable for fostering inclusion and opportunity across race, gender, age, creed, identity and experience. Join us.
- Responsible for personal workflow and balance as well contributing to the success of the Baltimore Region.
- Owning pre- campaign launch, overseeing a smooth & timely onboarding experience, ensuring accurate campaign ordering & execution, correct billing, meeting initial KPI goals, etc.
- Partner with with the customer directly on assets, revisions, creative approvals, targeting, URLs, etc. needed to properly traffic and fulfill the order
- Ensuring new contracts are signed and all billing/account information is accurate.
- Serves as point person with downstream operational teams (Digital fulfillment, Creative, Preprint Logistics, Prepress, Layout, etc.) to limit discrepancies on ad orders by reviewing for accuracy, communicating findings and providing timely resolution recommendations.
- Work with Shared Services Order Entry team to:
- Order and bill for IO products
- Reserve premium ad positions, print and digital
- Clarify or research order or billing questions
- Prepare requested Memo Bills
- Make changes to schedules, billing, ad sizes, color, material sources
- Order rush or late ads
- Process adjustments to accounts
- Order prepayments
- Partner with the Creative team (if necessary) to build creative ad units for campaign execution
- Partner with the eEvents team on marketing events focused on fulfillment
- Partner with the Studio on implementation of Branded Content
- Set up new accounts with electronic invoicing, ad upload, ad proofing, and credit applications, as appropriate.
- Reviews insertion orders for accuracy, resolves IO discrepancies by verifying correct rate usage, distribution, etc.
- Ensuring that post sale customer digital campaign KPI’s are being met through regular check ins with Digital Engineers. Digging in to find out reasons if not and collaborate on solutions.
- Ensures swift resolution of inaccuracies by verifying details with the Sales Team
- Serves as direct liaison with the collections team on billing reconciliation tasks, resolves credit locks, process adjustments and tracks credit applications.
- Managing contract expiration dates, partnering with their Sales Reps on renewal strategies and taking part in client facing renewal presentations as requested.
- Keeping Sales Rep informed of day-to-day issues and key areas of client concern as they apply to overall programs and campaigns.
- Work with Regional Market Ops Manager/Lead on:
- Early deadlines
- Special Sections
- Training on ordering new packages
- Approving makegoods
- Escalated issues
- Maintains and actively pursues an advanced working knowledge of relevant computer systems used in the department and a general understanding of computer systems in general.
- Other duties as required and assigned necessary to meet Departmental and Region objectives.
Basic foundation skills:
- Minimum 1 year of experience within a sales support, sales operations or project management.
- Possesses strong digital acumen
- Exhibits excellent communication skills and computer literacy.
- Must have a strong customer focus that conveys responsiveness and competence
- Requires a high proficiency with standard office technology, including Microsoft products and the ability to learn new and proprietary internal systems.
- Must demonstrate effective interpersonal skills to include areas of negotiating, motivating, written and verbal communication.
- Capable of independent decision making and accountability for actions.
- Ability to work work under the constrains of very tight deadlines and sometimes stressful situations.
- Must be able to work with video display terminal for long periods of time and type a minimum of 35 wpm.
- Able to make decisions and understand their impact to the business.
- Show a high degree of self-motivation and work well within an individual and team environment
- Organized, with attention to detail and the ability to multi-task
- Ability to prepare and analyze information.
- Working knowledge of policies and practices.
A minimum of one year of experience within a sales support, sales operations or project management environment. Proficient across multiple digital platforms, including DSP’s , email marketing, social channels, and more . Excellent communication skills and computer literacy with a high proficiency with standard office technology, including Microsoft products and the ability to learn new and proprietary internal systems.
Tribune Publishing Company is a media company rooted in award-winning journalism. Headquartered in Chicago, Tribune Publishing Company operates local media businesses in eight markets with titles including the Chicago Tribune, The Baltimore Sun, Orlando Sentinel, South Florida’s Sun-Sentinel, Virginia’s Daily Press and The Virginian-Pilot, The Morning Call of Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania, and the Hartford Courant.
Tribune Publishing Company also operates Tribune Content Agency (TCA) and the Daily Meal.
Our brands are committed to informing, inspiring and engaging local communities. We create and distribute content across our media portfolio, offering integrated marketing, media, and business services to consumers and advertisers, including digital solutions and advertising opportunities