Diesel Truck/Trailer Mechanic
Hale Trailer Brake & Wheel, Inc is a multi-location, full-service trailer dealership with an immediate opening at its Delmar, DE branch location. We are looking for a class “A” mechanic, with diesel experience, to join our team of trailer professionals.
This is a great career opportunity if you enjoy a dynamic, fast paced work environment, offering a variety of repair, maintenance, and diagnostic assignments. The Company offers competitive compensation and excellent medical, vision & dental benefits, paid holidays and vacation, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, safety and service awards and a matching 401k plan. In addition, paid uniforms are provided, and this position is eligible for reimbursement programs for tools, safety eyewear and safety shoes.
If you want to join the best team of trailer professionals on the East Coast, submit your resume now!
Responsibilities: Perform a wide variety of repairs, maintenance, installations, replacements, preventative maintenance, and diagnostic tasks for various makes and models of semi-trailers, reefer units, yard trucks, containers, field offices, tractors and related equipment in an efficient, timely, accurate, professional and safe manner in accordance with all Company polices DOT, OSHA, ELD and other governmental standards and regulations.
· Must have a minimum 3 years of experience as a heavy-duty truck and trailer mechanic.
· Must have experience performing preventative maintenance and diagnostics on tractors.
· Must have a clean driving record.
· Must have a strong knowledge regarding the safe handling and operation of trailers, tractors, containers, field offices, forklifts, power jacks, lift gates, power tools, trailer parts and supplies.
· Must have previous experience with refrigeration units, fabrication, suspensions, air brakes, electrical systems, hydraulics, body repairs and welding. Lift-gate experience a plus.
· Must present a professional, highly motivated, positive, results oriented, problem solving attitude.
· Must have good communication skills.
· Must be able to work independently in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
· Must have own hand tools.
· Must adhere to all Company policies including safety policies.
· Must pass a standard pre-employment testing.
EOE-M/F Equal opportunity and E-Verify employer.