- Perform job duties and conduct self in accordance with Allen Press, Inc. team values in alignment with Company’s Mission.
- Assist in maintaining a safe work environment by reporting any actual or potential hazards to the Safety Coordinator, the Safety Committee, or senior management.
- Utilize Quality Improvement /Lean practices to improve efficiency, eliminate waste, and exceed customer expectations. Contribute to continuous improvement initiatives.
- Makes ready machine to approvable standard with little to no supervision.
- Calculates and determines the amount of foil needed for each job.
- Determines make ready process for various substrates.
- Starts up and runs at optimum efficiency levels.
- Understands and operates at quality standards.
- Knows, understands, and performs maintenance on machine.
- Identifies, troubleshoots, and executes corrective action during production.
- Develops and executes ideas for improvement to continually increase performance and quality of output.
- Consistently maintains organization of dies and make ready supplies.
- Leads, directs, and trains machine helpers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- College degree or equivalent is preferred.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with make ready, running, and maintaining foil stamper.
- Possess basic computer skills including email and word processing.
- Ability to operate and understand a calculator.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Ability to read and understand job tickets.
- Ability to read and understand tape measure.
- Possess mechanical aptitude
- Ability to identify and differentiate foil types.
- Ability to identify and correct problems on machine/substrates.
- Possess above average organizational skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective leadership skills.
- Know and understand machine safety guidelines.
- Must possess creative problem solving skills
- Maintain a positive work environment including respectful communication with peers and clients
- Must be able to maintain good attendance