PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
This position is responsible for performingand maintain general maintenance and repairs for assigned equipment and facilities including plumbing, electrical, basic carpentry, heating and cooling, and other building systems. Performs general repairs that do not require a specialized technician, examples may include repairing drywall, painting, and repairing doors and other building fixtures. Empowerment to manage, handle and develop CI projects related to the facility, Contractors and sustain the good condition of the facility
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: – Other duties may be assigned
- Participate or assist in Kaizen events
- Organizing and 6S of Facilities and other assigned areas
- Manage weekly supplies inventory (production supplies, cleaning supplies, paper products, etc.). Create purchase order
- Perform the bulk of Facilities PM’s (especially weekly, and monthly internal PMs)
- Address emergency needs (Covid clean, barriers & screens, access needs, stickers and signs, etc.)
- Install and moves of office furniture, and existing utilities (air, power, data, water). cubicles, dry erase boards, TV’s, etc.
- Be willing to flex schedule as needs arise
- Perform or assist with basic cleaning, maintenance, and repairs (floors, carpet, walls, coffee machines, parking lot, lights, restrooms, trees, fences, outside appearance of building etc.)
- Contact refuse hauler to arrange for compactors and dumpsters to be dumped (contact waste management).
- Operate and maintain facilities equipment and tools (floor scrubber, hand tools, etc.)
- Support other departments with their projects as needed (Safety, Reception, IT, In coming inspection lab, Constant Improvement and Maintenance)
- Monitor and complete Facilities requests coming through Smartsheet suggestions, e-mail, Maintenance Pro, and people
- Install and make repairs to warehouse racking and building guarding
- Monitor areas that have specific needs or concerns (special areas, clear zones, and problem areas)
- Manage all controlled files and records in good order and be prepared well in advance for audit needs and questions.
- Answer facilities related audit findings and observations, and make corrections and improvements as needed (pest control, PM’s, In coming lab, etc.)
- Have a sense of urgency
- Look for needs then address them. Do not wait for someone to ask you (be proactive).
- Other duties as needed or assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- 1-3 years related experience and/or training
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must be certified to operate forklift at current or previous company.
- Must be able to work efficiently in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment, while keeping correct data.
- Must be able to work in a team as well as independently.
- Able to work well with minimal supervision.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and follow specified procedures
QUALITY AND REGULATORY REQUIREMENTS:
- Implementation of Quality Policy
- Implement and maintain what corresponds to ISO 13485
- Participate and implement continuous Improvement
- Implementation and monitoring of company policies, procedures and programs
- Quality manual, applicable work procedures and instructions
- Should be able to lift, lower, pull or occasionally push weights of up to 25 Kilograms (Approximately 50 lbs), alone or with assistance.
NOTE:The inability to perform any of the following physical requirements does not preclude an applicant from consideration unless, following an individualized analysis, it is determined that the physical requirement is an essential job function and the applicant is unable to perform such function with or without reasonable accommodation
Please refer to the Essential Duties and Responsibilities.