Designer with Commercial Furniture Experience Desired
Location: Boise, Idaho
Henriksen Butler, a Herman Miller dealer with offices in Salt Lake City, Las Vegas, St. George, Boise, and Reno, is seeking to add a full-time Designer in our Boise, Idaho showroom. As a Designer, you will:
- Evaluate client needs and determine scope of services required.
- Determine proper product application and generate layout, typicals, and budget estimates based on client needs.
- Prepare drawings, renderings, selection of color, materials, and finishes and/or sample boards and present design concepts to Account Managers and to clients.
- Produce complete, accurate specifications and drawings using current software, planning guides, standards and procedures.
- Finalize and generate all necessary drawings and project documents required for installation.
About Henriksen Butler
Since our founding in 1980, Henriksen Butler has been the creative force behind some of the Intermountain West’s most prestigious commercial, healthcare, education and government projects. From initial installation to maintenance and support long after the sale, we offer a full menu of solutions and services for interior environments. We are committed to creating great places to work, learn, and heal.
Why work at Henriksen Butler?
Henriksen Butler has grown through the years as we’ve expanded our products, services and locations to become the largest contract furniture dealer in the Intermountain West. We attribute our success to the collective experience of talented HB employees, as well as successful collaborations with manufacturers of quality products. We are passionate professionals who deliver unique solutions for our clients every day.
Who we’re looking for
- You make things happen. You have an innate sense of urgency and the ability to execute on tasks efficiently and calmly when multitasking.
- You enjoy working under pressure. We often work under tight deadlines.
- You are flexible. You can manage your own work and work well with a team.
- You have a strong work ethic. You do what it takes to get the job done.
- You leverage technology. You have an aptitude for technology, a desire to learn, and an ability to use a variety of tech tools to deliver compelling work. You must be proficient with AutoCAD.
- You have industry knowledge. We prefer someone with exposure to architectural drafting, contract furniture, or interior design.
- Bachelors or equivalent experience in Interior Design or related field.
- Prior Commercial Furniture Dealer Experience
- Prior Commercial Interior Design Experience
- Herman Miller and/or Knoll product experience desired
- Full-Service Design: Comfortable and confident with finish selection and product application beyond furniture
- Proficient in CET
- Proficient in AutoCAD
- Healthcare Design Interest or Experience
- CAP 2020 or equivalent experience