DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for originating truss design and placement drawings prepared directly from information submitted on a company order form, simple architectural plans, repeated from previous jobs, or from information developed by a more senior technician.
- Processes roof truss and panel orders, performs estimating and takeoff services using ability to understand blueprints and customer requirements for specific projects; orders taken by component technical staff form the basis for component production planning.
- Revises layout and design drawings for projects that are similar to previous work in addition to structural wood products and accessory items supplied by the company.
- Assures stability, deflection and load carries in a manner that will meet or surpass codes associated with each project.
- Writes technical descriptions specifying material qualities and properties.
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Builders FirstSource is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Builders FirstSource, please call (214) 765-3990 or email: [email protected]. Please do not send resumes to this email address - it is intended only to be used to request an accommodation in submitting an application for a job opening.
EEO THE LAW - English/Spanish
EEO IS THE LAW - SUPPLEMENT - English/Spanish
Pay Transparency Provision - English/Spanish Apply Now