Join National Dentex - a leading healthcare organization specializing in the dental industry. We offer a full spectrum of specialized products, services, and technologies to address any dental restoration need. Currently, we have 60+ labs throughout the country. Our team is growing, and we are seeking to fill a number of key positions within our organization including this opportunity at NDX Green in Heber Springs, AR for a Full-Time Dental-Lab Technician Trainee. Previous experience is not necessary; we offer paid, hands-on training!
The regular hours for this position are from 7:00am to 4:00pm, Monday through Friday, and subject to change from time to time.
This is a full-time position featuring employee benefits including: health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance; paid holiday, vacation, and sick time; 401K with company contribution; and tuition reimbursement!
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions of the Position:
- Read and review all case paperwork for correct doctor name, finish date, product code, and special instructions
- Check set-ups for correct alignment and function before beginning waxing
- Wax in anatomical features to achieve proper function and the best possible aesthetic appearance
- Carefully clean on and around teeth to remove any excess wax to prevent excess acrylic on surfaces at packing
- If the case is ready for finish, seal the wax-up to the model to prevent poor fit and poor appearance when acrylic stage is completed
- Clean wax from models, articulators, and implant bars before shipping to make the most attractive case presentation possible for the doctor and patient
- Rewax resets if adjustments are needed after try-in
- Disinfect and bag completed cases in readiness for shipping. Put correct case number on bag to prevent mix-ups
- Maintain a clean work area and clean instruments on a regular basis
- Requisition needed supplies using the correct form and procedure
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Good hand-eye coordination
- Good manual dexterity
- Excellent perception skills
- Strong ability to pay close attention to details
- Strong ability to read, listen, comprehend, retain and execute on written and verbal instructions
- Ability to learn and successfully complete all in-house training and verifications
- High level of organizational skill with the ability to prioritize work
Minimum Education and Experience Required:
- High school diploma or equivalent
Physical Requirements (If an essential function of the job):
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, and/or reach.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Exhibit fine motor skills and/or perform repetitive motions.
- Read and interpret prescriptions and other required documentation.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical information.
- Vision capabilities: depth perception, attention to detail, and/or color.