GMS is the leading North American distributor of gypsum wallboard, acoustical ceiling products, and other specialty building materials. Founded in 1971, GMS now operates a network of more than 250 distribution centers nationwide. For more information about GMS, visit www.gms.com or any one of our subsidiary company websites.
Why should you come work at Tamarack Materials?!
- STARTING PAY $20/hr or based on experience!
- Ability to earn an additional 4 DAYS OFF PER YEAR, on top of paid holidays and vacation!
- EARN $250 quarterly SAFETY BONUS!
- Home every night
- Overtime pay after 8 hrs worked daily
- Annual safety boot reimbursement allowance
- Advancement opportunities at locations throughout the USA
- Competitive benefits package including:
- Medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- 401k retirement plan with employer match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Critical illness
- Legal services
- Accident insurance
- Identity theft protection
- Paid parental leave
- Access to our discount marketplace!
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Tamarack Materials, Inc. Delivery Helpers are responsible for delivering building materials to residential and commercial job sites. Work as a team to carry and load/unload heavy materials providing a world class customer service experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Compliance of company, state and federal guidelines particularly as it relates to OSHA and DOT for the safety of all personnel
- Maintain health and safety compliance in accordance with company policy
- Confirms the accuracy of the order on the truck before leaving the yard
- Strap down and safely secure all materials loaded on the truck
- Assist the Driver with monitoring road conditions, traffic, etc. on the ride to and from jobsites
- Setup the fall zone with cones and caution tape at jobsites
- Unstrap the materials on the truck at the jobsite
- Prepare the jobsite by placing drywall carts, basement slides, threshold ramps, etc. in the needed locations
- Safely unload product and deliver to assigned area as directed by the Delivery Driver while prioritizing personal safety and the safety of those around you
- Clean up debris and return equipment to the truck after delivery is completed
- Other duties as assigned
- High School diploma preferred
- Ability to self-manage, show initiative and be proactive
- Communicate professionally with coworkers and customers
- Ability to read and accurately follow instructions from customers
- Stamina to continuously lift, carry, and move at least 100 lbs. in order to carry materials
- Must be able to remain standing 90% of the shift
- Constantly, moving and unloading materials from commercial motor vehicle onto job site
- Constantly, positions self to unload and load materials from flatbed or boom
- Constantly, working in an outside environment in all weather conditions while making deliveries
- Must be able to manage stress depending on customer’s delivery window of time
- Must be able to multitask
- Must be able to receive information and directions
- Must be able to quickly communicate solutions if problems occur
This job description is subject to change at any time.
Launch your career with a national building materials distributor and discover opportunities for growth and advancement. Our people have the independence and authority to make a difference. We invest in relationships, and every person is important. Our highest priority is serving others. We passionately pursue a safe work environment along with a relentless focus on operational excellence. We believe you can never go wrong doing the right thing.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER