GMS is the leading North American distributor of gypsum wallboard, acoustical ceiling products, and other specialty building materials. Founded in 1971, GMS now operates a network of more than 250 distribution centers nationwide. For more information about GMS, visit www.gms.com or any one of our subsidiary company websites.
What we do: What We Do_ the Customer Experience at GMS (1).mp4
Why should you come work at Tamarack Materials?!
- STARTING PAY $20-23/HOUR!
- EARN $250 quarterly SAFETY BONUS!
- Home every night
- Overtime pay after 8 hrs worked daily
- Annual safety boot reimbursement allowance
- Advancement opportunities at locations throughout the USA
- Competitive benefits package including:
- Medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- 401k retirement plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Access to our discount marketplace!
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Tamarack Materials, Inc. Delivery Helpers are responsible for delivering building materials to residential and commercial job sites. Work as a team to carry and load/unload heavy materials providing a world class customer service experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Compliance of company, state and federal guidelines particularly as it relates to OSHA and DOT for the safety of all personnel
- Maintain health and safety compliance in accordance with company policy
- Confirms the accuracy of the order on the truck before leaving the yard
- Strap down and safely secure all materials loaded on the truck
- Assist the Driver with monitoring road conditions, traffic, etc. on the ride to and from jobsites
- Setup the fall zone with cones and caution tape at jobsites
- Unstrap the materials on the truck at the jobsite
- Prepare the jobsite by placing drywall carts, basement slides, threshold ramps, etc. in the needed locations
- Safely unload product and deliver to assigned area as directed by the Delivery Driver while prioritizing personal safety and the safety of those around you
- Clean up debris and return equipment to the truck after delivery is completed
- Other duties as assigned
- High School diploma preferred
- Ability to self-manage, show initiative and be proactive
- Communicate professionally with coworkers and customers
- Ability to read and accurately follow instructions from customers
- Stamina to continuously lift, carry, and move at least 100 lbs. in order to carry materials
- Must be able to remain standing 90% of the shift
- Constantly, moving and unloading materials from commercial motor vehicle onto job site
- Constantly, positions self to unload and load materials from flatbed or boom
- Constantly, working in an outside environment in all weather conditions while making deliveries
- Must be able to manage stress depending on customer’s delivery window of time
- Must be able to multitask
- Must be able to receive information and directions
- Must be able to quickly communicate solutions if problems occur
This job description is subject to change at any time.
Launch your career with a national building materials distributor and discover opportunities for growth and advancement. Our people have the independence and authority to make a difference. We invest in relationships, and every person is important. Our highest priority is serving others. We passionately pursue a safe work environment along with a relentless focus on operational excellence. We believe you can never go wrong doing the right thing.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER