GMS is the leading North American distributor of gypsum wallboard, acoustical ceiling products and other specialty building materials. Founded in 1971, GMS now operates a network of more than 250 distribution centers nationwide. For more information about GMS, visit www.gms.com or any one of our subsidiary company websites.
Summary of Position:
The primary function of a delivery driver is to safely and efficiently operate a commercial motor vehicle in compliance with company policies along with Federal and State regulations and delivers all freight undamaged. Work as a team player to deliver, load/unload materials while providing a world class customer service experience.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Inspect truck/trailer for defects for safe operation
- Safely load building materials onto flatbed or boom truck and unload products at commercial and residential job sites
- Deliver materials to assigned area as directed by the customer while prioritizing personal safety and the safety of those around you
- Maintain records required for compliance with State and Federal regulations
- Must report all accidents involving driver or company equipment
- Stamina to lift heavy building materials up to 100+ lbs. for load/unload
- Excellent customer service skills and professional attitude
- Ability to self-manage, show initiaive and be proactive
- Communicate professionally, both verbally and in writing to coworkers and customers
- High School diploma or GED
- Must have a valid commercial driver’s license (CDL)
- Minimum Class B License, Class A strongly preferred
- Must have a clear three (3) year Motor Vehicle Report (MVR)
- Must have overall knowledge of Department of Transportation regulations
- Must be able to remain in stationary position while driving commercial vehicle 40%
- Must be able to lift heavy building materials up to 80 lbs. for load/unload
- Constantly, moving from unloading materials from commercial motor vehicle onto job site
- Constantly, operates commercial motor vehicle and/or boom vehicle
- Constantly, positions self to unload materials from flatbed or boom
- Must be able to judge distance while delivering materials and/or operating boom
- Frequently moves materials weighing up to 80lbs while unloading flatbed
- Must be able to communicate with management and coworkers and be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Constantly working in outside environment while making deliveries
- Must be able to prioritize job sites and deadlines
- Must be able to manage stress depending on customer’s deadline
- Must be able to multitask
- Must be able to receive information and directions
- Must be able to quickly communicate solutions if problems occur
- Must be able to demonstrate a high degree of sound judgement
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability & Life Insurance
- Paid holidays & vacation days
This job description is subject to change at any time.
Launch your career with a national building materials distributor and discover opportunities for growth and advancement. Our people have the independence and authority to make a difference. We invest in relationships, and every person is important. Our highest priority is serving others. We passionately pursue a safe work environment along with a relentless focus on operational excellence. We believe you can never go wrong doing the right thing.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER