Description, Responsibilities & Experience
Eakes Office Solutions is seeking a Delivery Driver position for our Grand Island location to effectively and efficiently deliver merchandise to our customers. This a great position for a person who has the customer service skills to maintain good customer relationships while delivering office and janitorial products.
- Provide effective & safe delivery of merchandise to customers
- Prepare documentation relating to delivery promptly and accurately
- Unload, stock, load supplies, furniture & copiers for deliveries
- Assemble furniture instore and onsite for customers as upon request
- Work experience providing customer service
- Delivery/warehouse experience helpful
- Experience driving vans and straight trucks
- Ability to lift heavier objects with cart and/or assistance
- Must be able to pass DOT certification
- Must be able to read, speak, and understand English
It all began in 1945 when Howard Eakes started a machine sales and service business, Office Equipment Company, in Grand Island, Nebraska. From there, we have grown into one of the largest independently-owned office products dealers servicing the Midwest.
Why Work at Eakes
Eakes continues to grow as we expand our products, services and locations. We are passionate about individuals who deliver unique solutions for our clients every day. We attribute our success to the collective experience of talented employees, strong collaboration with quality manufacturers and a dedication to personal service that our customers value the most.
In addition to a competitive compensation package and traditional benefits like paid time off, 401(k) and medical/dental insurance, Eakes offers a set of progressive benefits — known as the Eakes Flex Advantage — that are designed to match the needs of today’s working professional. These benefits include paid parental leave, a student loan payoff program, pet insurance and more!