Warehouse Associate/Receiver, Animal Health
Our Southaven, MS location is seeking a DC Team Member - Inbound responsible for receiving and storing products within a distribution center environment. We offer a climate-controlled, small-team environment where you rarely have to work weekends!
WHO WE ARE
Covetrus is the global market leader in animal-health technology and services, dedicated to advancing the world of veterinary medicine and to empowering veterinary healthcare teams across the companion, equine, and large-animal health markets.
Never Settle – Share the Customer Goal – Give Power – Be Passionate – Do Good
Come join our amazing team where we go for great, put the customer first, operate as one team, cultivate a passion for animals, and always act responsibly for customers and society. Do you love animals? Then help us improve their lives on a daily basis!
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance starting on Day 1
- Generous holiday and paid time off policy
- Company paid life and AD&D insurance
- 401(k) with generous company match
- Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program and more!
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (including but not limited to)
- Unloads freight trucks delivering merchandise to the DC; counts pieces/packages/pallets; and signs Bill of Lading according to Company policy.
- Compares items to vendor packing slip/customer return note/transfer document; receives-in products, ensuring correctness of items by size, color, quantity, etc.
- Accurately inputs items received into computer system according to Purchase Order, Return Note, or Transfer document. Files completed documents and communicates discrepancies to appropriate individuals, which may include: Accounts Payable, Procurement, Vendor, and other DC facilities.
- Accurately and timely puts-away products received into appropriate stock areas within the DC to facilitate customer order filling. Checks dating for proper rotation of stock.
- No work experience required. Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Prefer 6 months’ work experience in a warehouse or production environment.
- Ability to read and understand the English language to effectively read product descriptions, labels, shelves, and other product documents.
- Ability to understand basic math to ensure accurate product quantities.
- Ability to operate or willingness to learn material handling equipment (order pickers, reach trucks, forklifts).
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Covetrus is a federal contractor and abides by the Drug Free Workplace Act (DFWA). In accordance with the DFWA, Covetrus maintains a drug-free workplace.
- Must be flexible to work mandatory overtime hours as needed to ensure timely customer delivery.
- Ability to lift and transport 30 pounds on a regular basis and up to 50-70 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Must be able to stand and/or walk on concrete for the duration of the shift and complete tasks that include bending, stooping, and reaching.
- May require working in a cooler environment of 35°- 46° F.
Covetrus is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.