Job Location: Coastal Sunbelt Produce LLC - Laurel, MD
Position Type: Full Time
Education Level: High School
Salary Range: Undisclosed
Travel Percentage: None
Job Shift: AM Warehouse
Job Category: Warehouse
Founded in 1992, The Coastal Companies has emerged as the leading supplier of produce and dairy in the Mid-Atlantic and a leading regional processor of fruits and vegetables. With the addition of Hearn Kirkwood, The Coastal Companies has further expanded its capabilities in prepared foods, ready to eat products, and grab-and-go. The company and its subsidiaries – Coastal Sunbelt Produce, East Coast Fresh, Hearn Kirkwood, and Lancaster Foods - operate facilities in Baltimore/Washington and greater Richmond. Through a fleet of over 300 trucks, The Coastal Companies delivers daily to foodservice customers and major retailers along the East Coast. With a commitment to food safety, quality, service, sustainability, and staff development, The Coastal Companies has established itself as an industry leader.
- Measure, weigh, or count products or materials
- Must be able to operate an "Electric Riding Pallet Jack".
- Load, unload, or stack containers, materials, or products on to trucks
- Package goods for shipment or storage
- Select customer orders
- Retrieve or place goods from/into storage
- Conduct themselves in a safe manner
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of arithmetic.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma
- Must have warehouse and order selection experience
- Must be able to operate "ride-along" pallet jack in a safe manner
- Must have high tolerance for working in a cold environment
- Must be a team player
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Ability to continually stand and or walk throughout shift
The physical demands listed below are characteristic of those that must be met in order to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Able to work in a refrigerated, cold and wet environment up to 90% of their time on the job
- Must be able to work 40 (+) hours per week, some holidays as required and able to work overtime hours
- Employee needs to walk, stand and use hands to finger dexterity, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls
- Reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk and hear
- Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- 18 years of age
- Able to successfully pass a criminal background check
- Ability to successfully pass drug test
- Able to work 5-6 days a week
- Able to work weekends and holidays
- Able to work 8+ hours per day.
- No allergies to Chlorine
The Coastal Companies
9001 Whiskey Bottom Rd. | Laurel, MD 20723