Database Developer II - Remote, Any Major US City
Vestcom is the industry leader in technology-driven shelf-edge solutions for Retailers and CPGs. Our data-integrated media solutions drive sales and loyalty, engaging shoppers where it matters most – the point of decision. Our patented innovation has been trusted by top retailers for more than 30 years to drive productivity and profitable growth. For our growing team of over 1000 employees, Vestcom offers the stability of an established company with the entrepreneurial spirit and fast-paced environment of a start-up.
Vestcom’s core values are at the heart of our organization, representing our fundamental beliefs and serving as our guiding light in for how we conduct business and interact with each other.
- Our Teams - Our colleagues and our clients define our team.
- Our Integrity - Our colleagues and clients rely upon us to deliver.
- Our Ingenuity - Our colleagues and clients look to us for unique solutions.
- Our Performance - Our colleagues and clients team with us to win.
Vestcom is a standalone business unit of Avery Dennison, a Fortune 500 leader in materials science and packaging materials. Learn more at www.vestcom.com.
This role provides strategic, technical, and architectural expertise and support for business intelligence solutions. Able to work independently with limited supervision in designing and developing new software products or major enhancements to existing software. Acts at the highest level of technical expertise addressing problems on systems integration, and compatibility. Performs feasibility assessments and often leads initiatives on development projects with other engineering staff. Collaborates with Enterprise Architects and Project Management to translate design specifications to production platforms.
► Key Areas of Responsibility
- Works with project and team leaders to define and formulate business intelligence solutions
- Effectively plans and manages assignments
- Participates in the preparation, review, and analysis of requirements and specifications
- Develops, tests, and integrates code for new or existing ETL and business intelligence solutions
- Tests and implements data warehouse business rules via stored procedures, SSIS or other technologies
- Provides sustaining or maintenance support to existing business intelligence code
- Clearly communicates project issues and status to senior BI developer and/or management
- Implements test strategies and procedures established by team
► Key Qualifications
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or related field required.
- At least 5+ years of experience in this field required.
- Experience with data visualization tools, Power BI, Tableau, preferred.
- Experience with MPP platforms, APS, Synapse, preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex data warehouse problems required.
- Experience implementing complex SSIS and SSRS solutions required.
- Understanding of ELT data processing methodology.
- Excellent oral, interpersonal and written communication skills. Must be able to effectively communicate business needs at a management and executive level.
- Ability to work in a collaborative and participative, team-oriented environment, working with clients (both internal and external), all employees, and others in a professional manner.
- Self-starter who can work independently in a fast-paced environment; proactively managing projects from inception through final delivery, problem solving and reprioritizing to meet needs.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to manage multiple projects concurrently, delivering against deadlines; with keen attention to detail to ensure highest quality of deliverables.
- Ability to embody and reflect Vestcom’s core values
► Additional Requirements
- Compliance with applicable Company policies maintaining a drug free workplace is required
- Compliance with all Company policies is required including all safety policies and procedures
► Supervisory Responsibilities
This position is not designated as safety-sensitive and may not disqualify current medical or recreational users of marijuana from continued employment even if permitted under state law.
► Management Disclaimer
Vestcom’s Management reserves the right to revise, change or modify the duties and responsibilities of this position at any time to meet business and organizational needs. This position description may not list all duties for this position. The incumbent in the position may be asked to perform other duties. This position description is not a contract for employment and either the incumbent or Vestcom may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.