Requisition #: DATAS003461
Job Title: Data Strategy and Management
Location: Washington, D.C.
Clearance Level: Active DoD - Secret
**Selected applicants may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. **
Data Modeler (Data Strategy and Management): In support of the Department of the Navy (DON), United States (US) Navy, US Marine Corps, DOD senior leaders, and stakeholders, perform data modeling studies and develop detailed data models to support strategic planning, organizational change management, optimization of investments, streamlining of business processes, data management, data analysis, cyber security optimization, and digital transformation
- Contribute to the development and delivery of an enterprise data management framework (EDMF) and data service roadmap (DSR); develop, coordinate, and deliver abstract, logical, and physical data models; develop, coordinate, and deliver data specifications and interface specifications; provide in-depth consulting to management, staff, and stakeholders in the identification and resolution of information flow and content issues; perform complex data modeling studies for senior management and develops detailed data models; optimize and update conceptual and physical data models to support new and existing projects
Background Needed and Years of Experience
- 5+ years of direct and relevant experience in data analysis, business, and functional requirements gathering.
- Ability to be innovative and creative with solutions that frequently involve multiple platforms, software, hardware, technologies, and tools preferred.
- Ability to translate business needs into conceptual data model supporting long-term initiatives.
- Ability to execute change management procedures to achieve meaningful change and growth Expert knowledge and ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written forms with all levels of staff, as well as clients.
- Ability to work independently or with limited supervision Possess critical thinking, problem-solving, and initiative/proactive skills Demonstrated working knowledge and understanding of tools such as MS Office Suite.
- Contractor site with 0%-10% travel possible.
- Possible off-hours work to support releases and outages.
- General office environment.
- Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walk for up to 10% of the time.
- The working environment is generally favorable.
- Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc.
- Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available.
- Sedentary – 10 lbs.
- Maximum lifting, occasional lift/carry of small articles.
- Some occasional walking or standing may be required. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally, and all other sedentary criteria are met.
- Stand or Sit
- Talk or Hear
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
As a federal contractor, Agile Defense is subject to any federal vaccine mandates or other customer/facility vaccination requirements. As such, to protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, Agile Defense may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
Agile Defense is an Information Technology Solutions provider committed to partnering with our customers to deliver the highest level of service to our customers. We provided Information Technology (IT) services to the U.S. Government, including several United States Civil agencies and various branches within the U.S. Department of Defense.
Agile Defense has established a solid reputation of partnering with our customers to deliver innovative IT solutions with our “Listen. Think. Innovate.” philosophy.
At Agile Defense, we know that our employees are our most important asset. We believe in our responsibility to our fellow employees, customers, company, and to our country. We promote teamwork, integrity, and creativity; we expect our fellow employees to also live these values.