Who We Are
Textron Systems is part of Textron, a $14 billion, multi-industry company employing 35,000 talented makers, thinkers, creators and doers worldwide. We make things that fly, hover, zoom and launch. Things that move people. Protect soldiers. Power industries. We serve customers in industries spanning aerospace and defense, specialized vehicles, turf care and fuel systems.
This role is in Textron System’s Air Systems division. Visit TextronSystems.com to read more about who we are and the products we make!
About This Role
We believe people should love what they do – in this role, you will be responsible for:
- Providing cybersecurity engineering support on both next generation technologies and proven platforms that support and protect our deployed warfighter
- Contributing to the efforts of the Cyber Security and Infrastructure Support (CSIS) team to support the assessment and authorization of products in accordance with Risk Management Framework (RMF) to achieve an Interim Authorization To Test (IATT) or Authorization To Operate (ATO)
- Utilizing vulnerability scan, port scan, and compliance checker tools (e.g. ACAS, Nessus, NMAP, and SCC), and
conducting in-depth analysis of the results against Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) and Security Requirement Guides (SRGs)
- Developing remediation and mitigation plans, and creating packages for the implementation of those plans
- Willing and able to occasional travel to other locations in support of cybersecurity activities (less than 10%)
- Working both individually and cohesively on a team with exciting technologies and products in an engineering environment
- Must have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science/Cybersecurity/Information Assurance/Computer Engineering/Information Systems or a related technical field with 2+ years’ experience
- Experience with securing and hardening operating systems (Linux (Red Hat, Ubuntu, or other distributions), Windows 10, and/or Windows Server 2019) and/or network devices (Cisco or Juniper firewalls and switches)
- Proficient in one or more of the following cybersecurity tools: ACAS, Nessus, NMAP, or SCC
- Basic understanding of technical writing to develop RMF artifacts
- Ability to obtain a U.S. government Secret security clearance
- Ability to obtain a DoDD 8140.01 / DoD 8570.01-M IAT II or higher certification (e.g., Security+, SSCP, CySA+, CCNA Security, GSEC) in the first six months following employment
- Detailed knowledge of NIST SP 800-37 Risk Management Framework, Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) and Security Requirement Guides (SRGs)
- Active U.S. government Secret (or higher) security clearance
- Currently holds a DoDD 8140.01 / DoD 8570.01-M IAT II or higher certification (e.g., Security+, SSCP, CySA+, CCNA Security, GSEC)
- Ability to develop code in at least one scripting language (Bash, PowerShell) or other high-level programming language (C++, Python, Java)
How We Care
At Textron Systems, our talented people make us successful. We promote an inclusive environment where we value individuality, differences, and unique perspectives.
Our Company is committed to offering employees opportunities to grow and develop. Our benefits and compensation packages are designed to help our talented employees excel and achieve their goals, so they can make a difference every day in and outside of the workplace. Below are just a few examples!
- Flexible Work Schedules
- Education Assistance
- Career Development & Training Opportunities including DoDD 8140.01 / DoD 8570.01-M certification preparation labor, exam and Continuing Education Unit (CEU)/Continuing Professional Education (CPE) support
- Career Development & Training Opportunities
- Wellness Program (including Fitness Reimbursement)
- Medical, Dental, Vision & 401(K) with Company Funding
- Paid Parental Leave
Are you a Military Veteran?
Textron's products and services are trusted everyday by those who protect our country. We are dedicated to hiring these Veterans and aim to translate their skills to make an impact on our Company.