Our vision is to transform how the world uses information to enrich life for all. Join an inclusive team passionate about one thing: using their expertise in the relentless pursuit of innovation for customers and partners. The solutions we build help make everything from virtual reality experiences to breakthroughs in neural networks possible. We do it all while committing to integrity, sustainability, and giving back to our communities. Because doing so can fuel the very innovation we are pursuing.
Welcome! To Micron’s Equipment Development group, we are a team of engineers who are integral members of the Technology Development Engineering team that enables our development of outstanding class memory and storage technology. The primary focus of this role is developing groundbreaking semiconductor processing hardware – both internally with process engineering and externally with vendors – to enable novel process technology.
Success is derived through equipment innovation, partnership with the process development team and effective project management of vendor resources to achieve benchmark equipment performance. Equipment Development Engineers use creative experimental techniques and have access to a full suite of semiconductor analytics lab equipment and on-board system diagnostics to solve outstanding technical challenges.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
R&D Equipment Development
- Develop hardware needed to enable DRAM/NAND/EM nodes on tech node cadence by partnering with tool vendors.
- Develop training programs for next generation equipment
- Partner with Process, HVM and Operation team to optimize the hardware to meet performance and cost target
- Complete project work you're doing - close hardware gaps before transfer to internal customers to drive characterization program of new tools and identify and close any hardware and procedural gaps
- Learn the “business” – between R&D/Manufacturing/Procurement – and how to run those relationships and communicate optimally to improve Micron’s relationship with suppliers
- Be a specialist – internally and externally – collaborating on hardware technology roadmaps, collaborating with Pilot Manufacturing to develop internal quality control (SPC) for new process hardware, and vendors
- Apply data analytics techniques to ingest large data sets for system monitoring and improvement
- Drive the installation and upgrades of tools ensuring quality of work, cost control, and alignment to project schedule
- Provide hands on equipment support and maintenance for systems under engineer’s control
- Always implement with safety first behaviors
Successful candidates for this position will have:
- Extensive experience with CVD, Thin Films equipment and processes
- Experience driving vendor hardware development road maps and vendor CIP’s to timely meet company goals
- Experience working with Facilities Engineering, trades, and vendors to support assigned projects using the Engineering and Construction Business Process format or a similar Project Management method
- An understanding of the interactions between process and hardware and ability to use this knowledge
- Strong interpersonal skills to establish relationships with customers, partners, and managers
- Creative problem solving, data analytics skills, and large embedded data sets
- Ability to generate data-based problem statements and success criteria
- Effective project leadership skills achieving goals and timelines
- Ability to thrive in a constantly evolving environment - adapt to and embrace change
- Ability to multi-task and manage numerous projects simultaneously
- Strong digital literacy, or minimally the ability to learn quickly new programs like JMP and other data analysis programs
- BS in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering with 2+ years of relevant experience, preferred
- MS in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering with 3+ years of relevant experience, preferred
- Electromechanical or hardware derived work history/education
We offer competitive compensation, full benefits and relocation.
About Micron Technology, Inc.
We are an industry leader in innovative memory and storage solutions transforming how the world uses information to enrich life for all. With a relentless focus on our customers, technology leadership, and manufacturing and operational excellence, Micron delivers a rich portfolio of high-performance DRAM, NAND, and NOR memory and storage products through our Micron® and Crucial® brands. Every day, the innovations that our people create fuel the data economy, enabling advances in artificial intelligence and 5G applications that unleash opportunities — from the data center to the intelligent edge and across the client and mobile user experience.
To learn more, please visit micron.com/careers
Micron is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
For US Sites Only: To request assistance with the application process and/or for reasonable accommodations, please contact Micron’s People Organization at email@example.com or 1-800-336-8918
Micron Prohibits the use of child labor and complies with all applicable laws, rules, regulations, and other international and industry labor standards.
Micron does not charge candidates any recruitment fees or unlawfully collect any other payment from candidates as consideration for their employment with Micron.