Summary: Operates within new Customer Support organization as an individual contributor with a high focus on resolving requests of our daily transactional customer base. This is a hybrid sales/service position with a strong balance between phone, email, and case management work.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- The primary focus area is to drive high quality customer deliverables in pre-sales, negotiation, and post-sales customer functions relating to calibration service support.
- Measures of success will be surrounding ease of service, timeliness of communication, as well as ability to articulate quality of service and work performed among other periodic performance targets as designated.
- This is a fast-paced position driven on turnaround and response times to customers, ultimately driving sales and profitability within a low-dollar / high-volume base of business.
- Good writing skills will be necessary for the successful candidate due to a high volume of written email communication under highly variable circumstances.
- Flexibility to adapt to training and development on existing legacy systems while being an active contributor to new technology that we’re rapidly implementing to innovate our business.
- This role is an opportunity to enter at the formation of a new team – this means there will be great latitude towards contributing to a new customer-facing department working in the interest of the future of Transcat’s service business.
- The ideal candidate will be comfortable with a relationship that is well-balanced between a peer team leader as well as a formal supervisory relationship to service sales management.
- The successful candidate will predominantly be reactive to leads, support tickets, requests, quotes, status of items – but should also be comfortable in independent decision making to proactively communicate with customers and prioritize work without high levels of supervision.
- There will be seasonal and business-driven times of demand fluctuation on this team, leading to wide variety in work throughout the year – sometimes serving internal customers throughout the company in addition to customers externally.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Valid driver’s license & clean driving record
- Strong organization skills
- Must be detail oriented
- Salesforce background is preferred
- Strong typing skills
Education and/or Experience:
Minimum of Associates degree; or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
For internal Transcat candidates: Familiarity with A+, CalTrak Online, C3, Salesforce.com and other internal applications are highly desirable for this role and are significant factors in the candidacy of existing employees moving into the position.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status