Greif offers a great working environment and the opportunity to make an immediate impact at a company where your ideas are always welcome.
Job Requisition #:
022253 Customer Service Representative - HYBRID (Open)
Hybrid Opportunity - Must be willing to work onsite 1-2 days per week at one of the following locations:
- Delaware, OH - (Corporate)
- Smyrna, GA
- Milwaukee, WI
- Riverville, VA
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform all required duties and tasks in accordance with Greif's accounting policies, financial control procedures, and Greif’s Golden Rules.
- Provide legendary customer service to all customers and vendors for brokerage.
- Enter customer purchase orders while adhering to order acceptance procedures, manage each customer account and inventory, apply existing inventory to new orders, and follow each order through delivery.
- Communicates with all sales representatives, facilities, and customers to maintain accurate shipment flow from beginning to end of the order process.
- Communicate requests or changes to scheduling, converting, and shipping beyond 72- hour schedule block. No changes to be made within the 72-hour schedule block.
- Resolves problems efficiently and effectively. Process customer corrective actions/disputes.
- Answer customer calls and respond to all calls/emails in a timely fashion in accordance with Greif’s Golden Rules.
- Schedule customer order releases with the Mill Group Shipping Dispatcher.
- Provide support to sales team.
- Process customer quotes under a truckload.
- Back-up where needed/requested by manager.
- Attend planned daily/weekly customer, customer service, mill, and allocation meeting calls.
- Keep an organized file system of hard copy customer and system purchase orders, as well as, saving the customers' hard copy PO to the operating system order.
- Ensures a safe and healthy workplace.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Comply in all respects with the provisions of the Greif Standards of Business and Conduct Policy required.
- Enters completed orders into the system.
- Runs reports for management upon request.
- Streamline order processing
- Perform other duties as may be customary with position or as assigned by supervisor.
WORK EXPERIENCE / KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
- Must have strong verbal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Must be highly detailed, organized, and team-oriented.
- Must be able to work independently, multitask in a fast-paced environment, & operate proficiently under tight deadlines.
- Ability to think critically essential.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills and be a self-starter.
- Ability to act in good judgment from prior experience is a must.
- Ability to resolve problems.
- Must have PC skills in Microsoft Office software.
- Must be able to work under immediate supervision.
- Superior interpersonal skills are a must
- Typically possesses a high school diploma and 2-4 years of experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent required, along with a minimum of 3 years of customer service or account development experience.
- 4-year degree preferred (but not required).
We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and opportunity for growth. Greif, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, race, gender, religion, age, national origin, color, disability, or veteran status. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran. For more information read Greif’s Equal Opportunity Policy.