This position description identifies the major responsibilities of this job. It does not include all aspects of the position such as the potential additional duties assigned by supervisors and the requirement for flexibility in helping others for the company's overall benefit.
The CSR is responsible for the customer service and parts sales aspect of the business. This person will also provide technical information to customers relating to the use, operation and maintenance of equipment and report on quality pertinent to customer concerns. The CSR is also responsible to listen to, and discern the needs of the customer, and to follow-up on those needs. This may, at times require the hand-off of a customer service call to the appropriate person or department who can appropriately resolve the issues or concerns raised by the customer.
The CSR is a member of the Service Operations team and collaborates with the Customer Service staff and other functional teams (Manufacturing Operations, Engineering, Finance, HR and Inside Sales) on executing company strategies in support of the customers. This person is expected to implement processes and metrics in all areas of customer support including but not limited to lean, six sigma, 5S, workplace safety, onboarding and training. In addition, they must demonstrate hands-on leadership in unison with the Service Operations Manager on implementing strong cultural beliefs and values throughout the organization.
- Salesforce case and order entry of parts and service for various types of customers
- Order management including all types of purchase orders, work orders, parts orders, invoices, parts documentation, etc.
- Prepares quotes for service and parts orders
- Provides account support including reviewing contracts, specialized invoicing, specific routing for parts orders and or shipping notices
- Provides efficient, effective and comprehensive management of service orders including maintenance and management of order records and documentation
- Provides customer post-service support and aftermarket sales and research of spare parts and service including quoting
- Provides support to inside and outside service staff and associated customers
- Responds to verbal or written customer inquiries regarding service requests or orders for parts, pricing and delivery
- Coordinates projects, schedules and logistics for service accounts including the coordination and resolution of customer freight issues such as shipment damages and delivery issues
- Coordinates and handles warranty issues and focuses on tracking warranty costs, including working with procurement on back-charging suppliers to recoup warranty costs generated by suppliers
- Observes safety and security procedures; Uses equipment and materials properly; reports potentially unsafe conditions
- Ensures company policies and procedures are reviewed often and notifies the Customer Service Manager when such policies or procedures may need to be revised to increase work efficiency in the department
POSITION SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES:
MS Office Suite w/competencies in Excel spreadsheets
FMH Conveyors designs and manufactures products and services for truck loading and unloading applications. The NestaFlex and BestFlex brands lead the market in flexible gravity and powered conveyors, while MaxxReach and BestReach are the premier brands in telescopic and rigid conveyor systems. Known worldwide for their durability and reliability, FMH Conveyors products are engineered to support material handling applications for distribution centers, e-commerce, parcel post, retail stores, and a variety of manufacturers to help maximize productivity and increase efficiency.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree preferred
- 4 years of experience in a manufacturing environment or a combination of education/experience
- Strong team building and leadership abilities
- Experience and knowledge of Salesforce and Epicor ERP is a plus
- Experience in product application design and product enhancements is a plus
- Strong analytical, organizational skills and communication skills
Stand, walk, or sit for up to an eight-hour shift; ascend and push, and pull up to 20 lbs; bend, twist and reach with arms, dexterity with hands and fingers to work on a computer keyboard.
Office & factory shop floor