Job Title: Customer Service Representative
Reports to: Determined by location
Customer Service Representative is responsible for daily customer order data entry, logistical coordination between customer needs, warehouse personnel, and delivery personnel. A customer service representative also coordinates returns between the customers, sales support, the warehouse, and finance.
- Taking customer orders via phone, email, in person, and through sales staff.
- Daily data entry of customer orders and requested transfers.
- Coordination with warehouse to maximize trailer loads and ensure on time delivery to customers.
- Coordinating expedited delivery and special customer requests with the warehouse and delivery.
- Coordinating intercompany transfers with other branches.
- Preparing and shipping parcel and LTL customer orders and intercompany transfers.
- Communicating holiday closures and other important information to customers as needed.
- Answering phones, answering customer questions, relaying information to appropriate stakeholders as needed.
- Other functions required as needed by supervision.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Working knowledge of customer service and delivery logistics.
- Data entry and computer skills including a working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High energy and sense of urgency to meet internal and external customer expectations.
- Highly motivated; possesses the desire to set and meet high performance standards based on excellence for the benefit of the customer, the individual, team members and internal customers.
- Maintains professional appearance and ethical conduct.
- Team oriented and a passion for excellence.
- Ability to communicate in both the written and spoken language of English to a level that will allow the safe and effective performance of the job.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Constant talking, hearing, sitting, and repetitive motions.
- Occasional standing, reaching, grasping, and bending.
- Rarely carrying, pushing, pulling, balancing, stooping.
- Requires eye and hand coordination
- Office setting, with occasional exposure to manufacturing environments.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.